Advice on our cabin please??

olliebum

Hi everyone,

Were going on our first cruise in late April on the famous Ventura!!

We have a balcony cabin JE grade but it is right next to the lifts at the back of the ship, is the lifts a problem does anyone know?

Also do you think these rooms are big enough for 2 adults and 2 children??

Thanks guys:)

Hi,

Lifts can be noisy, and there can be noise from people going past the nearby rooms.

That said, as it is near the back of the ship, you will find less people use the area. Personally I wouldn't worry too much, you will love it.

Matt

Here is a photo of our balcony cabin on Ventura... a squash for 4 - but presume you have a family room if you have 4 people sleeping in there?

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245865494411432754

OTHER PHOTOS of Ventura on that album, press slideshow,:)

Hi Dave,

I think the location will be good actually because the back of the ship I found is nearer the facilities such as restaurants and kids clubs / pools. You'll find you'll do less walking from there.

In terms of cabin grade it could be a bit of a squish and you might have been better going for CA-CC BUT, realistically how much time will you be spending in there???

I wouldn't worry too much about the lifts. Yeah you might get a bit of noise when people are coming to bed but I don't think it will be a show-stopper.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

Milly

Our cabin was R259 which is right near the lifts and stairs but we did not hear a thing. To be honest the only noise we has ever heard on a cruise ship is mechanical noise when on a lower deck when the ship is docking.

You will have a great time.

Chris

Thanks everyone for your helpful answers, i know we won't be in our room much but just a bit worried about the size with all our stuff aswell. Just didnt know what cabin to book with it being our first cruise.

I'm sure we will manage:):)

Archived