Preference of dinner table guests

Adult, so I guess that would mean over 21. We've been seated with teens before and had no problem, but I really prefer older dinner companions.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

well...age group isn't that important...while i'd rather not have dinner with really young children...a mix of ages and and geographic areas is fine...we've done celbrity to bermuda...and had a mix of ages....30's to 60's at the table (we were mid-40's at the time)...and it was great....Princess to Alaska was a little more difficult...everyone at the table was in their 60's or older...but we still got along fine...and the caribbean on navigator...we were with another family...younger than us...but its all about attitude...frankly...i prefer larger tables...more of a mix of people...and that's what makes it interesting

I would rather sit with my family only at dinner. We REALY enjoy each others company. Cruises bring us closer together. icon_biggrin.gif Don't care to sit with a bunch of strangers.

Sophie

Counting down the days till we sail the Rhapsody! 12-5-04

I like to meet other people for dinner. Nice ones--not grouch's!!

I prefer folks over 30, so I can relate and have some intelligent discussions.

Prefer not to be seated with young teens and/or kids.

(26 prior cruises & 2 flights on Concorde)

It has been said that angels, while on Earth,

aren't allowed to show their wings,

but nothing was ever said

about not showing their whiskers. <^..^>

Another family of four, similar ages...my husband and I are 32 and 36 and my kids 8 and 15. We've had the wonderful pleasure of having just that on all three cruises and have met some new friends each time...addresses, e-mails and phone numbers exchanged...still keep in touch with all. I love coming to dinner every night to hear their stories about the ports and what excursions they liked/disliked...always fun.

RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004

Carnival Inspiration - June 2003

RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

I like a good mix of ages and backgrounds. It makes for more interesting conversation. I would prefer a table with couples than a table with a large group and you. I have found that sometimes being at a table with a group tends you cause you to be left out of the conversation.

Dan

Proud father of future cruiser Julianna Selene

Travel2-- Ouch! That hurts! I think that seasoned citizens are some of the most enjoyable conversationalists! They are a wealth of knowledge and history! (Not necessarily book knowledge but life knowledge). Some people don't know what they're missing. icon_confused.gif Karen icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;6;6;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  to get me on the ADVENTURE OF THE SEA

Roll call AOS 6/06/04 click here

I wouldn't say "ouch" to travel2's comment. Everyone has different interests. That couple preferred to meet others more their age and interest and I don't see nothing wrong with that.

If I'm traveling with my family.. teens and up are fine. I don't care to sit with young children and mothers with young kids (I'm not interested in johnny's first tooth, PTA, etc.)

I've never switched tables after meeting our table mates though. Usually we meet the matre'D when we board to find out about our tablemates and where we are sitting.

Maureen

Princess Sun 2/27/2005

Mariner of the Seas 10/15/2005

8 cruises to date.

preferably people 35 and up (we are 36 and 41) on one cruise we were at a table for 10 and only one other couple was there. she was such a snob and proceeded to bark at us because we ordered the steak and she was a vegetarian and how could we have the nerve to sit at HER table and eat that. needless to say we never went back to the dining room again on that cruise. that was our first cruise and we had no idea we could ask to change tables. so far that was the only bad experience we've had

We felt a bit hurt but I assured the young lady that old age is not contagious, that she will get there all by herself. Another young, delightful couple, sitting by themself asked if they could join us.

Personally, I LIKE to sit at a table wil folks older then me... I like being the youngster.

Each year, I am more and more fascinated with the generation that came before me. They have so much to offer, their stories are priceless (literally) and all too soon, they will be gone...

Click this link to see how cruisers are helping orphans in Honduras: http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=939097554&m=765101151

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;23;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500   'til we re-board our beloved Sovereign!

then, Splendour of the Seas ...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;01;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sovereign 01/02, 11/02, 6/03, 08/03, 09/03

Fantasy 06/2002

Mariner 12/03 , Radiance 04/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by canuckcruiser68:

... she was such a snob and proceeded to bark at us because we ordered the steak and she was a vegetarian and how could we have the nerve to sit at HER table and eat that. needless to say we never went back to the dining room again on that cruise. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of curiosity, why did YOU have to change table? icon_confused.gif I love to sit at HER table and I betcha she will be the one who leaves before the end of the meal icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas

When DH and I cruise alone we request a table for two. When we cruise with out daugheters we request a small table.

We have been fortunate to be able to be seated exactly as we had requestd ewvery time we have cruised.

On the only cruise we did not request we were seated at a table of 10 with 11 and it was miserably crowded. We did enjoy the tablemates, but like our own space, so we make sure we request the environment that enables us to make the best of our time on the ship for our family.

Happy Cruising to all!

Oh I have a tsble nightmare to share icon_wink.gif

Last winter we were seated at a table with seemingly nice people ... until they ran out of "where are you from, and what do you do" type questions - then they turned to politics and boy it almost got ugly! Very tense evening for us, so we asked to move from that table. The dining room mgr was happy to re-seat us icon_biggrin.gif

Don't be afraid to ask the dining staff - I have always found them to be most accomodating icon_smile.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!

Keli

December 15 Adventure of The Seas!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2002;12;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2003;12;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Rhapsody BIRTHDAY CRUISE - Happy Birthday To Me!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;10;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

On our last cruise, we were confused with being part of a nursing home group. We're mid-40's and they were in they're 80's. Nice folks but conversation was difficult. We asked to be moved and it was handled graciously the next day. It was rather funny that once we first sat with them, the one gentleman asked (rather seriously) if we're new residents of the nursing home. We did get a few bottles of wine complimentry of the "home" in our room. We still chuckle about the mix up.

I like large tables. Our first cruise I had a 13 yr old boy teach me about eating escargot, I have eaten it every cruise since then. I also like to hear about everyone's shore excursions since I can't do them all.

I learned years ago when I was a consultant for a 'home party' company that there are three things you don't discuss with strangers, politics, religion, and sex. I still live by that rule.

Karen

Brilliance of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;1;24;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Monarch Of The Seas

Whodunit Murder Mystery Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;3;17;50;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 8/2001

Voyager of the Seas 8/2000

Carnival Holiday 3/1998

Viking Seranade 1/1996

Viking Seranade 4/1995

One time we were seated with a young middle aged couple whose marriage was in trouble and they thought they could mend it on that cruise.

Well, their troubles escelated and surfaced at the dinner table. After three days they did not show up at the table any longer, much to our pleasure. This was very embarrassing, it was like having to listen to cell phone conversation in doctors offices.

We have to book four to the table even though my children will not attend most nights. We are the second seating and the kids will be in kids club except for formal nights where my 10 year old wants to come. This will leave two chairs empty most nights.

Does anyone think this will be a problem?

Carnival Triumph 04/2000

Norwegian Sun 02/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 03/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;03;07;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0400

paddy Anne; I don't think that will be a problem. On two of our cruises we were the only people at tables for eight. On the Enchantment we had main seating so our son(7 at the time) was with us. On our first Sovereign cruise we had second seating so Tommy didn't dine with us. It dose feel strange being the only couple at such a large table,but we still enjoyed ourselves.

Tom Mulligan

Cruise Addict

Monarch of the Seas 6/02

Monarch of the Seas 4/03

Enchantment of the Seas 7/03

Sovereign of the Seas 12/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04 *Voyager of the Seas 7/04 *Navigator of the Seas 12/04

Alone at the table for eight? I don't really want that. We were on NCL free style dining this year and the thing we didn't like about it was that we always got a table on our own and so didn;'t get to meet others. I hope that doesn't happen.

Carnival Triumph 04/2000

Norwegian Sun 02/2004

Brilliance of the Seas 03/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;03;07;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Archived