OK..First cruise in 7 DAYS!! Getting Nervous!

jbroons

I am starting to get nervous now...I don't know why! Here's what I have done in preparation for the big day....However, please tell me what I still need to do!!!

Held mail with USPS

Have passports

All excursions are booked

Cruise paid in full

Bought battery operated travel clock

Programmed cell phone for international zones (although I don't plan on using it)

I know that I'm forgetting things...Help!!;)

Looks like you have done lots of research by how many posts you have, everything you have learned will flood back to you. Just relax & have fun. It's not nervousness you're feeling its pure excitement. You will now be addicted!!!!! We've all got our must have's on a cruise. My DH makes fun of me because I always take a sleeve of saltine crackers. I can still remember my first cruise & having way too much to drink the first night (it was a girl's cruise). I was so sick the next day & it took forever to find some saltine crackers so now I take my own.

I always let a neighbor know when I'm going to tbe gone and leave them the info needed to reach me (cell phone and ship contact numbers).

Don't forget to stop the paper, if you get it delivered, or ask a neighbor to grab it for you.

I was nervous before our first cruise also. Sounds like you have everything under control and are ready. Just relax and have a great time! Your nervousness will be gone as soon as you have that first Funship Special! :p

DH and I are leaving in 2 weeks for our very first A.I. vacation, and I'm feeling some nerves about it. First time flying into a foreign country....we usually arrive by cruise ship. So, I think it's kind of just a little nervousness about things unknown.

Have a great cruise! :)

My DH makes fun of me because I always take a sleeve of saltine crackers. I can still remember my first cruise & having way too much to drink the first night (it was a girl's cruise). I was so sick the next day & it took forever to find some saltine crackers so now I take my own.

When I was having morning sickness with my first son, the doctor told me to eat saltine crackers before getting out of bed. I did and it did help....but ever since then (and he's now 26) I cannot stand to even look at a saltine cracker! :p

Sorry for the hijack, just couldn't resist............:p

I am starting to get nervous now...I don't know why! Here's what I have done in preparation for the big day....However, please tell me what I still need to do!!!

Held mail with USPS

Have passports

Cruise paid in full

Programmed cell phone for international zones (although I don't plan on using it)

Have you got your travel insurance papers? Extension cord? Magnetic card for safe? Printed luggage tags? Competed your Funpass? That's all that comes to mind now...

Have a great trip!

Don't worry, by your fourth cruise...you will work until 7 PM at night (when you planned to take off at 2:00 PM), start packing after 8:30 PM. go to bed about 1:00 AM get up at 4:00 AM for a flight at 6:00 AM. (that was me this past cruise :o )

Everything is under control. Have fun...and if you forget toothpaste, you can buy it on board for an outrageous amount :p

When I was having morning sickness with my first son, the doctor told me to eat saltine crackers before getting out of bed. I did and it did help....but ever since then (and he's now 26) I cannot stand to even look at a saltine cracker! :p

Sorry for the hijack, just couldn't resist............:p

That's funny. What do you eat instead to calm your stomach? We're thinking of doing our first AI next year. Which one are you doing?

I'm also sorry for getting off topic, somtimes it's hard not to when we see someone that may have info. we'd like to know about!!!LOL

Make a packing list (best way: on your computer so you can bring it up for later cruises and revise it from time to time).

Using a list, you can just check off the items as you pack them and/or take care of them (meaning stopping mail, getting cash from ATM etc). Then you don't need to worry about what you forgot. Unless you forgot to put it on the list in the first place!

Welcome to cruising-- you will LOVE it!!! :D

Okay, this is the paranoid person speaking. Did you copy down the emergency contact numbers from the backs of your credit cards, just in case. You can call if you cards are rejected, or if they are lost somewhere. I usually make photocopies, because I have a copier at home, but you can just as easily write the 1-800 numbers on a piece of paper and stick it in the suitcase.

Okay, this is the paranoid person speaking. Did you copy down the emergency contact numbers from the backs of your credit cards, just in case. You can call if you cards are rejected, or if they are lost somewhere. I usually make photocopies, because I have a copier at home, but you can just as easily write the 1-800 numbers on a piece of paper and stick it in the suitcase.

Good one, I have never thought to do that.

Have you got your travel insurance papers? Extension cord? Magnetic card for safe? Printed luggage tags? Competed your Funpass? That's all that comes to mind now...

Have a great trip!

Yes to all but extension cord.....is this instead of a power strip?? Thanks!

Make a packing list (best way: on your computer so you can bring it up for later cruises and revise it from time to time).

Using a list, you can just check off the items as you pack them and/or take care of them (meaning stopping mail, getting cash from ATM etc). Then you don't need to worry about what you forgot. Unless you forgot to put it on the list in the first place!

Welcome to cruising-- you will LOVE it!!! :D

I actually just started my computer list....I am all of a sudden trying to get to much done at once!!

Like everyone is saying....I have got to take a deep breath & relax!!

Thanks to EVERYONE so far...please keep em coming!!

Another excellent idea...thank you!!

Looks like you have done lots of research by how many posts you have, everything you have learned will flood back to you. Just relax & have fun. It's not nervousness you're feeling its pure excitement. You will now be addicted!!!!! We've all got our must have's on a cruise. My DH makes fun of me because I always take a sleeve of saltine crackers. I can still remember my first cruise & having way too much to drink the first night (it was a girl's cruise). I was so sick the next day & it took forever to find some saltine crackers so now I take my own.

I have done a ton of research...CC is the BEST!!...Thanks!

I have done a ton of research...CC is the BEST!!...Thanks!

I was laughing when I first read your thread & saw how many posts you had I thought is this guy trying to be funny!!!!LOL I wish I had been as prepared on my first - tenth!!!!LOL

That's funny. What do you eat instead to calm your stomach? We're thinking of doing our first AI next year. Which one are you doing?

I'm also sorry for getting off topic, somtimes it's hard not to when we see someone that may have info. we'd like to know about!!!LOL

What do I eat to calm my stomach? On a cruise, usually some type of bread or roll...fortunately, it doesn't happen very often. I like pretty much any other type of cracker...Ritz, Triscuit, Wheat Thins....just no saltines! LOL!

We are going to Couples Negril in Jamaica. We are excited to see how we like an A.I. Resort compared to cruising.

Back to the OP....someone mentioned writing down your credit card emergency numbers. Also a good idea to call your credit card company and let them know you will be traveling outside of the country. That way, if you try to use your credit card in a foreign port, it won't get rejected.

Also, the packing lists are great, but don't overpack! I overpacked BIG-TIME on my first cruise, didn't use half of it.

Held mail with USPS

Have passports

Cruise paid in full

Seems like you have everything under control. One good thing you did was to pay the cruise in full. That wouldn't be good if you didn't.

I thought maybe you were nervous that the food or the service was going to be bad in the dinning room, or that you'd have the stewart from hell.:cool:

Bill

I was laughing when I first read your thread & saw how many posts you had I thought is this guy trying to be funny!!!!LOL I wish I had been as prepared on my first - tenth!!!!LOL

No, not trying to be funny;)....The strange thing is if we were doing Disney World there would be no nerves at all...that trip is my area of expertise!! I guess it's the first-time cruise thing. The other thing that while CC has been a HUGE help and comfort, you guys have just SO much information...I should probably pick & choose what I need to absorb!

Again...even thought I won't reply to all posts here, every bit of your advice is being used. Thanks so much!!:)

Archived