Oyster/Seafood Bar in Fort Lauderdale

EdSails

Anyone know of a good raw bar in Fort Lauderdale? We've got time before our flight and would love to find some fresh local seafood, especially oysters, crabs and conch.

Ed - None of the above are local to South Florida. There are some very good raw bars; the best is probably the Seawatch, but it is not near the port/airport. 15th Street Fishery is decent, and also nearby is Bimini Boatyard. Downtown, Shirtail Charlies is good for local seafood. Our best local seafood are mainly gamefish like Sword, Grouper, Tuna or Pompano. Stone Crabs are popular and local, but why people like them I don't know. Enjoy!

Ed - None of the above are local to South Florida. There are some very good raw bars; the best is probably the Seawatch, but it is not near the port/airport. 15th Street Fishery is decent, and also nearby is Bimini Boatyard. Downtown, Shirtail Charlies is good for local seafood. Our best local seafood are mainly gamefish like Sword, Grouper, Tuna or Pompano. Stone Crabs are popular and local, but why people like them I don't know. Enjoy!

Thanks for the hints, caliber35. I checked and it seems like Shirttail Charlies sounded like the best. Unfortunately, sounds like they went out of business at the end of November. Bimini Boatyard seems to be the best choice for us-----both Sea Watch and 15th Street Fisheries ares just too fancy and formal for what I'm looking for. I want a casual place similar to the places I ate at in Pensacola a few years ago. Any other "local places" you'd suggest where I can get your local grouper and pompano?

Archived