Someone spilled stuff all over our clothes!

Scottohiocpa

We just got back from the March 23 Inspiration sailing. Our luggage arrived at our cabin at 4:00 just after the muster drill. We noticed that one piece of luggage was all wet on one side. Inside the bag one of my wife's skirts was all stained and my jeans were all wet. The wetness smelled like hairspray or something fruity. We think someone's bag leaked the stuff onto our bag. :mad:

My wife took the skirt up to the purser's desk and they gave her free cleaning for our damaged stuff. The stuff came back the next day as goods as new. The purser's desk followed up the next day with a call to ask if everything was OK now. Carnival did a great job of correcting a problem that was caused by another careless cruiser - good job Carnival!;)

As for the person who spilled the stuff - I would get mad at them, but I suspect their clothes were probably even worse off than ours, :eek: so they might think about zip-lock bagging in the future.

I'm happy that your issue was handled well :)

BUT, having been a person who had something EXPLODE in their bag, I have to say that rough baggage handling can cause issues no matter how well a person packs their bags.

No one 'spilled' stuff....and your bag/clothing was not damaged intentionally.

Oh, man, what a bummer! Glad you got it resolved, though. I always put anything liquid or powder into ziplock bags, but I guess even that won't always prevent accidents (like what Halos had happen). And, it wouldn't prevent someone elses leaky stuff from getting on our stuff.....never even thought of that. I feel for the poor people who had the leak in their bags.....imagine what their clothes looked like! :eek:

The stuff came back the next day as goods as new. The purser's desk followed up the next day with a call to ask if everything was OK now. Carnival did a great job of correcting a problem that was caused by another careless cruiser - good job Carnival!;)

I'm glad it was something that could be washed out and that Carnival took care of your clothing. Hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise and thanks for posting your experience.

We have had someone open our bags 3 times that we have flown. They open the plastic bags that we have our shampoo and other items stored in. Each time they have not closed the bottles or the bags back. We got stuff all over our clothes. We thought maybe we were not packing things that made them suspicious and so we even tried splitting the items up. That did not make a difference. Even the last time they broke a zipper on a brand new piece of luggage. TSA really sucks.

Last year I heard a horror story of someone having their luggage get all wet so I packed all our clothes in one of those big giant ziploc bags inside the suitcase.

I think that's a great idea :)

We ziplocked all the clothes last year. Keeps them from getting so wrinkled sliding around in the case. I got a bunch of the 2 gallon bags and put outfits that would fit in them together, jeans in their own bag etc. Then when I was all done I just stacked the bags into the suitcase.

When we got there I just put the baggies on the closet shelf unless it was something I wanted hanging to prevent wrinkles. When it was time to get up and dressed in the morning, if I was going casual, I could just grab an bag with an outfit in it and have everything I needed.

Worked awesome.

Very nice of them to clean your items and to follow up that you were satisfied. These are hallmarks of great customer service.

You might want to drop Carnival a line and thank them and the employees who helped you turn a bad situations into a minor speed bump.

I always travel with ziplock bags of all sizes. I double bag items I know that will burst if handled too roughly, as in airport and port baggage handlers!

I had packaged some spa products I bought to bring home in bubble wrap and wrapped it in a shirt for extra protections. It didn't make a different. My mother noted, the next morning when she unpacked, that her clothes were all damp and when I wrapped the spa products, well, it was empty. It was a $50 bottle of liquid and got nowhere with Time to Spa or the airlines. Insurance wouldn't cover the cost to replace it as it was too low in value.

Too bad everyone doesn't think quick and packs all of their health/beauty/breakables in a ziplock bag!!!

What are we being a little uppish there?

Well I believe Fred was hinting that the poor person who's stuff spilled probably had RUINED clothing, therefore not dining room attire.]

I don't see anything "uppish" in the comment.

And I wonder why people are so quick to jump on others if they don't understand a comment?

I agree with Halos, the spill could happen to anyone and they do not handle the luggage with kid gloves.

jmo, Carole

Well I believe Fred was hinting that the poor person who's stuff spilled probably had RUINED clothing, therefore not dining room attire.]

Carole

Thanks Carole, thats what I meant, I should of added that you can probably find that person by the odor LOL. I forget Carol, some people you have to spell it out for them.

Anyways, looks like someone in Edmond OK had way too much Starbucks this morning :rolleyes:

Fred

Thanks Carole, thats what I meant, I should of added that you can probably find that person by the odor LOL.

Anyways, looks like someone in Edmond OK had way too much Starbucks this morning :rolleyes:

Fred

np Fred, you are always gracious and kind to people and truly there is just too much "jumping" at people here lately. Or maybe I drank too much starbucks?:D:p It's all good

Carole

Good news, also I am sure it wasnt too hard to find the person with the busted bottles of what ever, they probably ate up on Lido Deck every night :D

Fred

Or maybe not ENOUGH Starbucks? :p

It was a joke, I guess my humor not understood. Be nice now

I just flew into California for spring break and some of my make-up/sparkels exploded from the pressur of the plane all over my other make up! Not good! :eek::eek:

cbc!

Look at that girl, she always seems to be happy because of all of the sparkles that comes off her :D

Fred

Archived