"Bar Card"

shadowyone

Hey everyone, I just searched the board and I couldn't find anything that matched any of my searches, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before or even a hundred times before.

My sister went on a carnival cruise 2 years ago with a bunch of people. Supposidly tehy had enough people where they could purchase an unlimited drink bar card that included all alcohol under $8 (or something) and pop and water. She said they spent like $250 on the card and made good use of it.

My question is do they still do this?

The group that we're going with has been told 3 different things:

1) No they don't do that anymore.

2) They do it but you need 100 or more people.

3) They do it if you have 30 or more people.

4) Sure you can buy it at anytime for $350.

Funny thing is, these answers all came from the same person!!

So whats the real story behind this? Do they still do this? How much does it cost? How many people do you need to have in your "group"?

THANKS, and sorry again if this has been posted before. (or something like this)

The consensus is that Crnival now only does this for LARGE corporate groups of several hundred; also possible that some TA's arrange this for large Group bookings. Definitely not available to us individuals anymore. ken

I seem to recall that this was done for group bookings at one time. EVERYONE in the group had to buy in, so it was an all or nothing deal.

I think a year or so ago I remember reading on this board that this practice was coming to and end.

Your TA should know right?

OK, Heres the Deal, You have to call Groups Event Planning Department and you must have a Valid Booking number to begin with.

A. 30 GUEST is the Minimum.

B. Everyone has to participate period, even if you have 57 in that group.

C. Everyone will be issued a Drink Card so they can order Unlimited drinks.

D. It will cost 45.00 per person per day.

E. It will only be for drinks costing 7.50 and lower, As per another CC Member you can not go over that price or pay the difference.

This info comes from the Group Events Planning Department and yes they are still doing it.

Fred

Thanks for all the replies!!

Fred terrific information!! One last thing, we're booking through a travel agent and not Carnival direct, does this still apply?

I'm pretty sure we're over 30 guests right now, but I don't think the idea of everyone having to get the card will go over well with the group because the guys are the drinkers and the ladies no so much.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

OK, Heres the Deal, You have to call Groups Event Planning Department and you must have a Valid Booking number to begin with.

A. 30 GUEST is the Minimum.

B. Everyone has to participate period, even if you have 57 in that group.

C. Everyone will be issued a Drink Card so they can order Unlimited drinks.

D. It will cost 45.00 per person per day.

E. It will only be for drinks costing 7.50 and lower, As per another CC Member you can not go over that price or pay the difference.

This info comes from the Group Events Planning Department and yes they are still doing it.

Fred

Thanks for the update on that Fred, I could have sworn I read about it here some time ago and it was being done away with.

I still learn new things all the time. :)

Thanks for all the replies!!

Fred terrific information!! One last thing, we're booking through a travel agent and not Carnival direct, does this still apply?

I'm pretty sure we're over 30 guests right now, but I don't think the idea of everyone having to get the card will go over well with the group because the guys are the drinkers and the ladies no so much.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

You will need to ask all of your group people, everyone that your Travel Agent has booked as a group. It can not be half and half, all bookings within your group will need to say yes and pay the extra cash.

Then your Travel Agent will need to work with you getting this done, some with experience will handle it while others will shy away from it.

30 Group Members, all need to agree with getting the Unlimited Drink Card.

If your T/A doesn't have to correct phone number to contact this department let me know.

On my Paradise Cruise back in April there was a group of Unlimited Drink Card members that sat at the Atrium Lobby Bar and drank drank drank LOL... The one lady I spoke with said that I can contact any or various Travel Agents to see which one have a group already going and that they would add me to theres.

Good Luck.

Fred

Archived