That Epic Packing Thread....

maxamuus

Fred, are there hangers in our closets? Last time we cruised (10 years ago) we brought a garment bag. Not sure if that is the case this time, and can't recall if there will be hangers for us to use.

Thank you for your input :)

trece

Yes you get around 15 hangers but I bring my own, I just pre-hang my clothing inside my luggage and fold them in half so when I start hanging stuff I just grab it and just hang them up. Saves lots of time.

Fred

Yes you get around 15 hangers but I bring my own, I just pre-hang my clothing inside my luggage and fold them in half so when I start hanging stuff I just grab it and just hang them up. Saves lots of time.

Fred

I do the same thing, but take it one step further. Get some of those plastic covers that the dry cleaners use (the cheap, flimsy kind), and use them on your hanging clothes. Cuts down on wrinkles, honest.

I do the same thing, but take it one step further. Get some of those plastic covers that the dry cleaners use (the cheap, flimsy kind), and use them on your hanging clothes. Cuts down on wrinkles, honest.

Same here, my suits and Wendy's gowns are kept in those flimsy plastic covers from the dry cleaners, the other clothing around them will slide around the plastic keeping the clothing wrinkle free.

Fred

hmm, our cruise leaves in 4 days, but leaving in 2! This time we have to fly to the port, usually we drive. We usually dont do formal night, but we have decided to this time. We were wondering, do you think if me and my daughter wear the same dress for both formal nights it would be a big deal?

Just trying to cut down on the packing!

hmm, our cruise leaves in 4 days, but leaving in 2! This time we have to fly to the port, usually we drive. We usually dont do formal night, but we have decided to this time. We were wondering, do you think if me and my daughter wear the same dress for both formal nights it would be a big deal?

Just trying to cut down on the packing!

Go for it, its your vacation and its not big deal. For use guys we just change the color of the Tie and we are done.

Fred

This next cruise, I'm taking a pair of black non-wrinkle pants (that look very dressy depending on what they're paired with) to use for every night but elegant night in the dining room and a long black skirt for elegant night ... and then I can mix and match the tops with them ... will save a lot of space and I can dress up or down depending on how much time I have before dinner.

The last two cruises, I packed waaaaay too much stuff and have been looking for the right mix ever since. I think I finally have this figured out. My kids are doing something similiar ... and are only taking 2-3 pair of shorts with different t-shirts for day wear as well (they live in their swimsuits most of the cruise, anyway). I'd think it through a little bit, but try not to overthink. If you underpack (and while last time I was down to one carryon size bag plus a small duffle for me and my dd, I never have had this experience yet) there is laundry on the ship. This time, my goal is to get dh and me into 1 bag and my 3 dds into 1 bag ... 2 suitcases with a backpack to carry on board containing our swimsuits, cameras, sunscreen, and a good book (we'll wear something on that we can wear to dinner in case our luggage doesn't make it in time ... although that has never happened either).

Wish me luck with this ... I'm hoping I don't get bitten by the "oh-no" overpacking bug at the last minute!

Fred

Thanks Fred. Cute picture of your pup in your bag. My 110# dog keeps circling the suitcase. I think she's wondering if her girth will be accomodated or if she'll just feel bad about her weight for trying. :)

Thanks also for the tip on packing clothes *on* the hangers and with the slippery stuff from the dry cleaners.

24 more days! yay!

Not taking this time:

-body lotion - sunscreen, salt water and aloe gel works wonders on the skin. No need for body lotion :cool:

Taking, that I didn't take last time:

- Alberto V05 detangle! - my hair is not long enough to tie back, but is long enough to get very tangled on windy sea days! :eek:

Archived