Easter Sunday

schnoobie

We will be in osj april 11 & 12 I've booked a canopy excursion for Saturday and plan on touring the forts and shopping on Sunday (we have

a 7pm flight).

However, it will be Easter Sunday. Do you think everything will be closed?

I will also be in PR on Easter Sunday.

Could anyone tell be if there might be a United Methodist church in OSJ area or Condado area? Thanks

I've been looking in the phone book and found one in Puerta de Tierra, which is the area next to OSJ. Iglesia Metodista Unida Puerta de Tierra, phone 787-722-8199. Can't get the link to the map to work, but Google-map 50 calle Hoff, Puerta de Tierra, Puerto Rico and it will bring it up. It would be easy to take a cab there from the pier, but going back it might be hard to catch a cab, don't really know. It's also on the bus route going back into the old city, so you could just cross the avenue and wait (and wait) for a bus -- they run against the traffic on this avenue. I suppose you could also make arrangements with the cab driver to pick you up after the service?

There isn't really any info regarding services on their website (www.metodistapr.org), so I can't tell if they might have services in English or what the times are.

I don't know if this would be an option for you, since we're not in full communion yet, but the Episcopal Cathedral has two English-language services on Sundays (8:00 and 11:15) as well as Spanish at 9:30. The 11:15 service is really cool because the congregation is mostly from the West Indies and they have gorgeous music. The Cathedral is in Santurce (map), quite close to Condado and also easily reached by taxi.

HTH! I'm always looking for Episcopal/Anglican churches when I travel and have had really wonderful experiences.

Archived