Any toddler kid children on NCL Spirit to Bermuda May 15?

arakay

Hi all,

I have posted over in the roll call, but figured it was worth a shot to post here too, as no one else in the roll call so far seems to be traveling with children. We are getting excited for our first family vacation in May on the NCL Spirit. My husbad and I and out dd who will be 1 year old are heading to Bermuda!

If it just so happens that you have booked the May 15 sailing out of Boston to Bermuda, drop me a note. Wouldn't it be great to have playdates or a babysitting exchange?

I have learned so much reading these boards recently and before our 2007 cruise (pre-baby). Thank you all!

• 1 month later...

I have not been able to find anyone cruising with toddlers on our cruise, either. We are going to Bermuda at the same time, but we're leaving from Norfolk. This is our first cruise with the baby as well - she will be 15 months next week.

I can't help with the playdate request, obviously, but I was curious what you were planning to do while in port? We are still finalizing our itinerary (which will be flexible, of course). We don't want to try to do too much so we will be able to go with the flow.

We were thinking Horseshoe Bay beach and maybe the lighthouse for one day and St. Georges for the other day. I still have a lot of work to do figuring out the details!

I sure would like to know how you guys like it though when you get back-been trying to get to Bermuda the last 3 years and still haven't made it.

The only thing is now I have a 1.5 year old- so I want details!!!!

Thanks -have a great cruise- I think it might be easier since you aren't restricted to port times as much.

I actually did find one other set of parents with a one year old, and we have been exchanging emails, which is great. NCL doesn't normally have programming for kids under 2 years old, but every day from 9-10:30am (on this itinerary on the NCL Spirit anyways) infants and toddlers can go to the childcare center for Under Two Zoo, where with their parents they can play with the toys and use the equipment, etc. I hope to find any other young ones that way.

In Bermuda, the first afternoon (we arrive around 11am), we are likely just going to explore the Royal Naval Dockyards, where we are docking. The second morning, my husband is going kayaking early and we will meet up for lunch. Then we were thinking of going to the Bermuda Museum Aquarium and Zoo (http://www.bamz.org/) or the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (http://www.buei.org/) and finishing the day wandering in Hamilton or St. Georges. (My baby sleeps well on our backs, or in her stroller, so I have hopes that the wandering with be soothing for her too.) On our third day, we would like some beach time, so for the moment we are planning to go to 9 Beaches resort and buy a family pass for the day (reported to be $80 with full facility access, and some folks have had it waived if they have lunch there). The beaches are supposed to be really shallow, sheltered, and clear. The order of days 2 and 3 might switch, depending on the weather.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived