Montezuma revenge????

mandakate42

Yep! In October after coming back from PV/Cabo/Maz. My son and I both went to the doctor for a hefty dose of antibiotics. I was told that the best food to eat when traveling is yogurt because of the active cultures.

I hope everyone fells better soon!

Shopping and going to the beach does not usually contribute to one having lower intestinal problems. What did your family member eat and drink while in Cozumel? Tap water? Fruits or vegetable not rinsed at all or rinsed with tap water? Many blame the food or water, when in fact the increased intake of alcohol can be a major contributing factor.

You shouldn't of visited the ruins!!! (Runs!!!) Now, you have been cursed by an old ancient Mayan Chief named "Willie make it," and his ancient wife "Betty Don't";)

OMG that's funny. :D

I only drink bottled water in port and eat excursion foods. I know I'm missing out on some awesome tasting mexican food I LOVE mexican food. But just can't risk my tummy on it. LOL

OMG that's funny. :D

I only drink bottled water in port and eat excursion foods. I know I'm missing out on some awesome tasting mexican food I LOVE mexican food. But just can't risk my tummy on it. LOL

Well, of course a Poo Bear would think that's funny.

You shouldn't of visited the ruins!!! (Runs!!!) Now, you have been cursed by an old ancient Mayan Chief named "Willie make it," and his ancient wife "Betty Don't";)

LOL! Too Funny!

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel on our Cruise(March8-15) and we ate lunch at Pancho's Backyard. We did drink bottled water, and we didn't have any sort of stomach problems(thankfully)

Edited to add: OP, hope you and your family get well soon.

third member of our family has been stricken with diarrhea...we got off the fantasy on thursday....visited mayan ruins in progreso and did shopping and beach in cozumel. anyone else have any problems since returning?:D

Thats no good, I hope you all feel better soon.

When we went to Cozumel, they had food on our excursion and the people serving it had gloves on and masks! So I went ahead and ate...the water and soda was all bottled.

But, my family who was with us did an excursion to the ruins and got in some special cave water or something and they were sick the last day of the cruise and even after that my Aunt said she was seeing double! Not sure about seeing double but I think the food had something to do with their bathroom issues. They said the people serving them weren't covered up and didn't have gloves. Gotta be careful...

third member of our family has been stricken with diarrhea...we got off the fantasy on thursday....visited mayan ruins in progreso and did shopping and beach in cozumel. anyone else have any problems since returning?:D

Did your family member have any water or ice from Mexico even if it was from a water bottle?

Fred

Thats no good, I hope you all feel better soon.

When we went to Cozumel, they had food on our excursion and the people serving it had gloves on and masks! So I went ahead and ate...the water and soda was all bottled.

But, my family who was with us did an excursion to the ruins and got in some special cave water or something and they were sick the last day of the cruise and even after that my Aunt said she was seeing double! Not sure about seeing double but I think the food had something to do with their bathroom issues. They said the people serving them weren't covered up and didn't have gloves. Gotta be careful...

Why would you expect servers to be gloved and masked up? That fact they were would worry me. The gloves I can understand if they were working directly with the food but masks? I would be worried about what they had that they were trying not to spread.

I bring bottled water off the ship with me. Don't trust island water at all LOL

Wendy and her Sister took a bottle each from a bucket of ice in Mexico, both were sick on the ship when they returned, lucky for them it went fast. I didnt have any of their bottle water and was ok. I'm only guessing it could of been from the contaminated ice from the bucket that was all over the bottle.

Fred

Why would you expect servers to be gloved and masked up? That fact they were would worry me. The gloves I can understand if they were working directly with the food but masks? I would be worried about what they had that they were trying not to spread.

Well we didn't expect them to be masked...but they were. So I guess they were being extra safe, who knows :confused:

The food was good though!

On a cruise you are in close contact with 2 to 4000 people. Many of them flew in to the cruise. They were enclosed in an aircraft that recirculates the air, so all get to breathe whatever germs are available. So a touch of a bug in any tight grouping of people is not unusual.

On a cruise, people:

Eat more and richer food than normal,

sleep less than normal,

drink more than normal,

are more active than normal,

eat foods or drink water from unusual places.

Some reaction from one's system shouldn't be a great surprise.

If its NORO, its a lot worse but it passes too.

Dan

LOL! Too Funny!

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel on our Cruise(March8-15) and we ate lunch at Pancho's Backyard. We did drink bottled water, and we didn't have any sort of stomach problems(thankfully)

Edited to add: OP, hope you and your family get well soon.

Pancho's uses distilled or bottled water to prepare it's food . We've eaten there every time we are in Cozumel.

Sad/funny story about upset systems. I left for Southeast Asia weighing 208 rock hard lbs. I ate 'native chow' while there. I returned 2 years later weighing 165. I could just about turn around in the uniform I wore over.

When my Mother saw me she hugged me and cried for 20 minutes. The first meal of her wonderful cooking in 2 years---halfway through I had to take off for the head. I had the runs on the pot and was upchucking into the tub.

I told my Mom her food had no bugs in it and my systems needed bugs to hold on to the food. I almost cry now thinking about how bad she felt.

Dan

We went to an All Inclusive resort in Cancun and the water at the resort we stayed at was purified. Of course we had to take a trip to Playa de Carmen and just had to have the 3 for 1 drink special at one of the restaurants on the main drag. My friend and I had pina coladas while our DH's had bottled beer. Guess who got the revenge after we got home?-yes that would be me and my friend.

Probably not the most fun way to lose 12lbs in 2 weeks but at least I lost a few pounds-but I wouldn't reccomend the Revenge Diet.

ETA- word of advice be wary of 3-1 Happy Hours at 11 in the morning in Mexico

aaww Dan that is such a cute story. We all ate and drank at Pancho's all day and didn't get sick. I have the most sickly tummy so always feel a little ill when cruising. Might be the excessive alcohol consumption though:p

Sad/funny story about upset systems. I left for Southeast Asia weighing 208 rock hard lbs. I ate 'native chow' while there. I returned 2 years later weighing 165. I could just about turn around in the uniform I wore over.

When my Mother saw me she hugged me and cried for 20 minutes. The first meal of her wonderful cooking in 2 years---halfway through I had to take off for the head. I had the runs on the pot and was upchucking into the tub.

I told my Mom her food had no bugs in it and my systems needed bugs to hold on to the food. I almost cry now thinking about how bad she felt.

Dan

Dan, I did what must have been the same "excursion".:D I went over weighing 210 and came home weighing 185. All I ate after I got home was fresh fruit and veggies for days!

we took water from the ship the day of the mayan ruin...but we did eat a lite lunch in the diner there..i had tea...others had beer other than a five year old who had an orange fanta in a bottle...the in cozumel we ate at panchos which we have ate there before..totally trust them...as for the alcohol theory..not possible....the 5 yr old had none...me i might have drank 6 the entire trip and the other thats ill only had one drink....but the mayan ruin was on monday and the 5 yr old just became ill today...so im thinking maybe picked something virus up on the ship...believe me it will not and i repeat will not stop me from booking again....just curious if others from the ship happen to become sick upon return...i know u gotta be careful everywhere....im booking the dream for march 2010...cant wait..not sure if i can wait that long...

aaww Dan that is such a cute story. We all ate and drank at Pancho's all day and didn't get sick. I have the most sickly tummy so always feel a little ill when cruising. Might be the excessive alcohol consumption though:p

With the "training" my innards got over there, I don't worry about eating anything anywhere. Even after all these years some 'system' changes remain.

As a kid a mosquito bite, or a bee sting meant a huge welt that would last a day or 2. Over there I got hit by tarantulas a couple of times, and by World Class, All Pro mosquitoes thousands of times. Now a bee sting lasts 10 minutes and skeeters barely bother me at all. [Yeah, I know, I'm too sour:D]

So its not all bad.

Dan

Dan, I did what must have been the same "excursion".:D I went over weighing 210 and came home weighing 185. All I ate after I got home was fresh fruit and veggies for days!

Yes, a 'paid' excursion! Very low paid, but paid nonetheless!:rolleyes:

Dan

Archived