Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

I have another option, which I will tell you guys about once I get a definite answer from Laura.

I'm just not sure how to get the info to people without getting in trouble here.

what if we decided to set up an email group to talk about our favorite beer, and other topics? :p

we could name it the alaska beer drinkers and non beer drinkers group.

I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Right now I wanna give Laura a chance to get back to me.

But I can tell you not to worry, my other option has all the same perks and pricing.

in that case, i am back to discussing options for shore excursions.

in ketchikan, the "official" bear watch tour does not start up until a month after we sail. BUMMER! i did find someone who does a wildlife tour where it is possible to likely that we can see them mid-june. up to six can go. is anyone interested in this?

in that case, i am back to discussing options for shore excursions.

in ketchikan, the "official" bear watch tour does not start up until a month after we sail. BUMMER! i did find someone who does a wildlife tour where it is possible to likely that we can see them mid-june. up to six can go. is anyone interested in this?

I will be spending the day with my brother since we don't see each other very often!

FYI - I sent the following email to groups@cruisecritic.com:

"I read on the forum that, that Cruise Critic is "concerned about us messing up the May group by having another too close to it." I just wanted to voice my opinion that a June Cruise Critic group cruise will not affect the May cruise because many families like mine are not able to join the May cruise because our kids are still in school. An Alaska group cruise in June will allow families with kids to participate since almost all schools are out of session in June. A June cruise will not affect the May group cruise because most people interested in the June cruise are not able to go on vacation in May."

This is the response I recieved today from Laura:

"Ok! We'll give it a try. I'm going away for a week -- I'll get you a price quote upon my return. Please pass the word that we'll proceed.

Laura"

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!

Guess we'll be able to post an official thread week after next some time.

Thank you all for the effort!

Congrats!:) I received a similiar email regarding my CC Group cruise to the Eastern Caribbean!:cool: Nice way to start the weekend and good luck with your group!:D:)

Congrats!:) I received a similiar email regarding my CC Group cruise to the Eastern Caribbean!:cool: Nice way to start the weekend and good luck with your group!:D:)

I was beginning to worry, but it seems we made it.

Now we can get the excitement back that we had in the beginning.

Please remember we have a site where we can put up photos of ourselves at :

*****/2010-06-22_-_Carnival_-_Spirit/

A couple of us are already on, but we have a long way to go.

I also sent an email to CCL to setup a meet and greet, please let me know any other ideas you guys might have. I'm already very into the idea of a cabin crawl (mostly to show off my aft wrap). LOL

Dennis

FYI - I sent the following email to groups@cruisecritic.com:

"I read on the forum that, that Cruise Critic is "concerned about us messing up the May group by having another too close to it." I just wanted to voice my opinion that a June Cruise Critic group cruise will not affect the May cruise because many families like mine are not able to join the May cruise because our kids are still in school. An Alaska group cruise in June will allow families with kids to participate since almost all schools are out of session in June. A June cruise will not affect the May group cruise because most people interested in the June cruise are not able to go on vacation in May."

This is the response I recieved today from Laura:

"Ok! We'll give it a try. I'm going away for a week -- I'll get you a price quote upon my return. Please pass the word that we'll proceed.

Laura"

Awesome!!!

Our emails worked.

This makes me feel better!

:D

I'll check out the roll call.

I also posted our pictures on the other site.

I am excited again too!

I was afraid this wasn't going to happen, but here we are! Cool beans!

I'll check out the roll call.

I also posted our pictures on the other site.

I am excited again too!

I was afraid this wasn't going to happen, but here we are! Cool beans!

I was worried too!

Thanks for posting the pic, now I'll know you when I see you.

Don't forget there's a cabin crawl event listed on that site if you want to sign up for it.

That RAWKS!!!! I pointed out in my letter that as a teacher, May and September do not work for me at all, as I have class. I am glad to read the families / school angle was used. Yay for us! :)

In addition to a cabin crawl, I would like to see if we could possibly be grouped together for dining purposes, and use the forums to pair up for side trips. I think a CC meet and mingle is a great event.

I think we should group up and get a couple copies of the TourSaver book I mentioned in the first post.

It has lots of 2 for 1 coupons so that we can split the cost of one and 2 can go.

Of course we have to make sure there are things in it we want to do. But using it once pays for the cost of the book.

Dennis

PS - Don't forget to load a photo on cruise fellows, I posted a link a few posts ago.

I think we should group up and get a couple copies of the TourSaver book I mentioned in the first post.

It has lots of 2 for 1 coupons so that we can split the cost of one and 2 can go.

Of course we have to make sure there are things in it we want to do. But using it once pays for the cost of the book.

Dennis

PS - Don't forget to load a photo on cruise fellows, I posted a link a few posts ago.

That could be a good idea, Dennis. I will monkey with a picture later :)

okay i could be SOOOO down with the kenai fjords tour - it is somewhat similar to the other vessel i found - but even with the coupon, more expensive than the one I found (assuming 6 people split the cost).

Basically a group of us get together and move from one cabin to another. There are several ideas behind it, one is to get to know each other. Another is to see the different types of cabin.

Generally you want to have at least one of each type of cabin that the group books.

Each cabins occupants pass out goodies or drinks. Some people also do Cabin Crawl Poker, where each cabin gives out a card and at the last cabin the best hand wins a small pot.

Archived