Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

I'm too excited, now I'm considering the idea of shirts for our group.

Anybody else think that's a good idea, or have I gone overboard already?

I think that is a great idea. I do a girls' cruise every fall and design the shirt for the first day. Now we do one on the last day for the flight home. Last year we had 37 women on the plane with pink shirts on!!! I'll see if I can find my past shirt pics!

And then our "coming and going" tshirts for 08. We were up to 37 women on this cruie. We decided we that some women hated the men's fit so we offered either for both shirts:

GIRLSCRUSE08.jpg

First day shirts:

061.jpg

078.jpg

cruisegroup.jpg

cruisegroup2.jpg

OMG!! The pictures. My husband and I have always wanted to go to Alaska.

Is this an organized group cruise where we can get in on it yet? I have tried reading all the posts but the pictures distracted me! ;)WOW:eek:!!

Thank you for sharing these.

Also. Balcony. I thought with it being so cold we would probably want the window view instead of a balcony. Did you like having a balcony?

Please let me know where to call as soon as possible. We want in.

Sherri and Billy!!

Is this an organized group cruise where we can get in on it yet? I have tried reading all the posts but the pictures distracted me! ;)WOW:eek:!!

Also. Balcony. I thought with it being so cold we would probably want the window view instead of a balcony. Did you like having a balcony?

Sherri and Billy!!

I know, right? The pictures are MAJESTIC!

Indications are that we are going to "try this" as a group - the CC organizer is cruising this week, buit will get to the details when she gets back. Deposit is typically $25.

I did not consider that I have turned into a cold weenie, and may not live on the balcony. I was considering the upper mean temperature during the day when I thought balcony. Hmmmm.... I may be joining you further inside the ship.

Sherri and Billy!!

Just so you know....I was talking about the Alaska pictures...LOL...

But my first ever "all girls cruise" is coming up in Jan.10 for me and for some reason I have not even thought about Tshirts!! I guess I've been too busy planning my husband and sons and their guy friends all "guy cruise" as well as ours. The guys don't want Tshirts, but this is a great idea for us girls. Now I'm getting busy designing Tshirts!! What fun. Thank you for your pictures.

I know, right? The pictures are MAJESTIC!

Indications are that we are going to "try this" as a group - the CC organizer is cruising this week, buit will get to the details when she gets back. Deposit is typically $25.

I did not consider that I have turned into a cold weenie, and may not live on the balcony. I was considering the upper mean temperature during the day when I thought balcony. Hmmmm.... I may be joining you further inside the ship.

Majestic is a great word! I could look at them all day! But I would rather go see it for myself!!!:D

I am a very hot natured person, but I seriously thought people wouldn't want the balcony's in Alaska for some reason. We love balcony's and if its the better way to go, then I'm in. But for the record my hubby is a cold baby.:rolleyes: Whoops....But he can hunt in colder weather than I want to be in.....hmmmm....Now that I think about it...he has been duping me. He just doesn't like the air conditioner spending our cruise money....;)

I certainly recommend a balcony for Alaska. I never noticed the cold until we were at the glaciers. I had to take pictures and it was great to jump out of bed and run to the balcony to see what wonderful site was there. My friends had an inside and hated it!

There is a naturalist on board and several times a day you will hear anouncements overhead, "there is a couple of humpbacks on the port side..." and then go on to describe something interesting about them. Or...if you look close on the starboard side you will see some puffins...

My friends would run up to the deck with cameras and missed a lot. Of course, things can happen on opposite sides of the ship, but it was too amazing not to have a balcony. An oceanview would be better, but not for picture taking. (just my opinion ;))

I certainly recommend a balcony for Alaska. I never noticed the cold until we were at the glaciers. I had to take pictures and it was great to jump out of bed and run to the balcony to see what wonderful site was there. My friends had an inside and hated it!

There is a naturalist on board and several times a day you will hear anouncements overhead, "there is a couple of humpbacks on the port side..." and then go on to describe something interesting about them. Or...if you look close on the starboard side you will see some puffins...

My friends would run up to the deck with cameras and missed a lot. Of course, things can happen on opposite sides of the ship, but it was too amazing not to have a balcony. An oceanview would be better, but not for picture taking. (just my opinion ;))

Great point. I shal resume with my plans. The heaters are good, right?

CONGRATS to all of You for getting Approval!

It took me about two weeks to get the group folder up ...actually just got it Friday. I am in Baltimore now getting ready to sail tomorrow. I know your group cruise will be wonderful! I think both of us have GREAT groups going. And we all going to have the time of our lives!

Congrats again.........

( Dennis - I know the waiting is somthing else -but, the high when the waiting is finally over is very worth it! I think the folder waiting was just as bad or worse then the approval waiting - all these thing I wanted to list but couldn't)

You are to ALASKA! WAY to GO!

I already booked my aft wrap, I can only imagine the things we'll see from it. No way I'd go without a balcony of some sort.

Thanks anamanxs, I agree, the waiting is very painful.

But this is gonna be so worth it.

Okay, whoever wants to come up with shirts is probably better at it than I am. I'm as creative as a rock. But I'm glad you like the idea.

At least we have about a year and a half to do all this stuff!

Why don't we all come up with a few tshirt ideas and then we can vote on them. Maybe we could do that for the logo also.

Like you said, we have time!!

So our group's name is....???

"Warriors of The Last Frontier," yeah I know, it sounds militant, but there are already two groups 'SPIRITing' away LOL.

And people seemed to like it when I posted it what seems forever ago.

CONGRATS to all of You for getting Approval!

It took me about two weeks to get the group folder up ...actually just got it Friday. I am in Baltimore now getting ready to sail tomorrow. I know your group cruise will be wonderful! I think both of us have GREAT groups going. And we all going to have the time of our lives!

Congrats again.........

( Dennis - I know the waiting is somthing else -but, the high when the waiting is finally over is very worth it! I think the folder waiting was just as bad or worse then the approval waiting - all these thing I wanted to list but couldn't)

You are to ALASKA! WAY to GO!

Sorry, I don't understand. Folder? Approval?

Sorry, I don't understand. Folder? Approval?

We just got the CC approval for our group.

After that is done, they create a forum just for us to post in.

There is a 'Member Cruises' section here. The stuff will be there once Laura creates it.

"Warriors of The Last Frontier," yeah I know, it sounds militant, but there are already two groups 'SPIRITing' away LOL.

And people seemed to like it when I posted it what seems forever ago.

So if we cruise to Alaska and decide that we actually like each other, we could theoretically become the Warriors of the southern caribbean, or warriors of the panama canal, next time right etc.....:D???

So if we cruise to Alaska and decide that we actually like each other, we could theoretically become the Warriors of the southern caribbean, or warriors of the panama canal, next time right etc.....:D???

:) i like the way you think.

When can we call and start booking?

You can call Johna and ask her about it if you want.

Just tell her it's the CC Alaska June 22, 2010 group.

She may not be ready yet, I don't know.

I booked in advance because I wanted a specific cabin.

AFT WRAP BABY!!!!!!

:eek:

I already have 3 cruises booked people.

Please don't encourage me! (Really, yes, please do!!!!)

:D

Archived