Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

I hope everyone decides to post their pics. It is fun knowing what we all look like!

Ugg...I got a letter in the mail today. I have to do jury duty again!!!

I just did it like 3 months ago!

Maybe I missed it but are there prices listed for this cruise somewhere on this thread? We are definitely interested in going to Alaska in May or June and would like to compare prices. Thank you!

Not yet, you can call Johna and book with the group rates, but I haven't gotten all the details.

Waiting on Laura to return so I can start the official thread and post everything.

Okay. I'm back. I had to run to Austin for my DIL's heart and lung surgery. She did very well and is home. All is fixed.

I will get everyone out of the house this morning and start the laundry and clean the kitchen and I will be back to download some pictures of me and my hubby!

Okay. I'm back. I had to run to Austin for my DIL's heart and lung surgery. She did very well and is home. All is fixed.

I will get everyone out of the house this morning and start the laundry and clean the kitchen and I will be back to download some pictures of me and my hubby!

:eek: good gracious. may god speed her to a complete recovery.

My next cruise is in two weeks, and of course I woke up sniffly and coughing this morning.

And with all this swine flu garbage going on in the media I know I don't want to step on the ship sick.

My next cruise is in two weeks, and of course I woke up sniffly and coughing this morning.

And with all this swine flu garbage going on in the media I know I don't want to step on the ship sick.

At least you have time to get well before the cruise! We sail in 29 days and I can't wait. I need a vacation like so....bad!

I have 15 more shifts before then (12-13 hrs each). But...I figure I can handle anything for 15 days, right??

It's been a bad weekend. Lots of drama in labor and delivery....:eek:

chances are it isn't swine flu. i have been ill the past week. achey, sleepy, sore throat, cough.

in a sleepy delirium i ate something i would never have wednesday night, and ended up in the er with food poisoning. because of all the fireworks, they took a influenza specimen (i do not suggest getting into the position where they want a sample from you, it is not comfy) to make sure that i did not have a type A influenza.

after establishing the iv, and allowing me to empty the contents of my entire being into a plastic barf bag, injecting anti emetic and ativan, they left me alone and i fell into a drug induced nap. i awoke to them triumphantly marching into the room and announcing i did not have swine flu, as it was not a type a influenza. i opened one eye and asked, "why did you think that was a problem?" it was clear to me that i had a cold (NO FEVER) and had the terrible misfortune of eating myself into food poisoning. without a doubt i needed an iv and the er is the place to get it (in the nick of time no less, my veins were in BAD SHAPE). the fact that i was coughing was a side annoyance.

i had to lol in my head - my body could not muster the energy to do it in ernest.

best of luck with a speedy recovery. mine nagged for a week, and is dissipating.

Any word on getting Offical yet ? You have been at this for some time now ?:o

Yep, we got the email from Laura last week, just waiting for her to get back from her trip to get everything setup.

Okay, guess it's a good sign that I'm feeling better.

But I'm staying in bed anyway!

Still waiting to hear from Laura. I'm sure her mailbox has piled up nicely while she was gone.

How much has your upcoming cruise changed? We are going to be in Grand Cayman for 2 days (my least favorite port)! Oh well, I will be on a cruise!

Archived