What are our chances?

Maryalyce

We have two adjoining balcony cabins booked on the Miracle for May 24. I want to reserve a cabana on Half Moon Cay for our visit there. I also want to ask at the purser's desk if we can have our balcony divider removed so we can have the lovely big balcony. My two granddaughters (both adults) are going to sprint to the excursion desk when we embark in order to reserve the cabana and then (because you need someone from each cabin) they will scoot over to the purser's desk. In your experience, do they have a chance of getting these things done? We will be driving up from south New Jersey to New York so we may not be among the first to board. Has anyone seen the cabanas go really fast? Give me hope.

Maryalyce

We have two adjoining balcony cabins booked on the Miracle for May 24. I want to reserve a cabana on Half Moon Cay for our visit there. I also want to ask at the purser's desk if we can have our balcony divider removed so we can have the lovely big balcony. My two granddaughters (both adults) are going to sprint to the excursion desk when we embark in order to reserve the cabana and then (because you need someone from each cabin) they will scoot over to the purser's desk. In your experience, do they have a chance of getting these things done? We will be driving up from south New Jersey to New York so we may not be among the first to board. Has anyone seen the cabanas go really fast? Give me hope.

Maryalyce

Board as early as you can. Excursion desk is where you need to go. The Purser cannot help you with the excursion, but can tell you when it opens. Excursion desk usually opens around 12:00, or so, depending on what ship. Get there way before it opens and get in line. If you are one of the first 15, you have a good chance. (There are 15 cabanas)

See your room steward about getting the balcony divider opened.

Here you go:

Our day at our cabana on Half Moon Cay

Just got back from the Fascination yesterday. We went to HMC on Tuesday and had the turquoise cabana #3. We arrived at JAX port around 11am and were on board around 12:15 if I remember correctly. I headed straight to the excursion desk and we were the third to rent one. There was a couple in front of us asking about the cabanas and the crew member told them that they usually are booked within 24 hours. We were given a ticket and told to meet in the Palace theater at 7:45am the morning of HMC. We went to the theater and anyone who booked an excursion at HMC was invited to this meeting. It basically gives you the benefit of getting on the first tender. We tendered right along with some of the crew. They didn't ask for our ticket to get on the first tender, we just followed an crew member to the area.....so really anyone could of made the first tender.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=956591&highlight=hmc

Fred

Archived