Specialty resturants

NH Cruisers

I have been on several cruises through the years. I always hear that the cruise lines in interest of getting folks to eat at the specialty resturants downgrade food in the main dinning room. Our last cruise on the "Jewel of the Seas" we waited two days, then tried to get a reservation at the specialty steak house. They were sold out for the entire cruise, so we could not go. The food in the main dinning room was awsome anyhow, we just thought we would try someplace different. I would think the lines are just trying to keep the cruise prices down, with whatever downgrade in food there is. If we were to get the quality and service you get in a specialty resturant on board in the main dinning room the cruise price would be far to expensive for more people. Anyhow, cooking for 3000+ passengers it would be impossible I think. I like the huge ships and I think their food by inlarge is decent. If I wanted the best quality then maybe I would book a cruise on a specialty line in a small cruise ship , and pay 4 times as much.

Jon

Archived