Transporation Questions

yluv17

Hi everyone - I'm new to this site and glad I found all these great posts!!

Anyhow, so my family and I are finally going on our 1st Disney cruise in July. My travel agent asked if we would like to include transfers in package and we agreed. Now, we're thinking of flying in a few days before out scheduled 7 day adventure.

So, I'm considering renting a car from airport in Orlando BUT the issue is how close would I be able to return vehicle from the Disney Caribbean resort. If there isn't a location near resort, I would have to return back at airport and how much can a taxi cost from airport to resort.

Also, do these resorts provide shuttle to Cape Canaveral for Disney cruise or would I have to pay out of pocket for that if I decline transfers?

TIA!

Anyhow, so my family and I are finally going on our 1st Disney cruise in July. My travel agent asked if we would like to include transfers in package and we agreed. Now, we're thinking of flying in a few days before out scheduled 7 day adventure.

So, I'm considering renting a car from airport in Orlando BUT the issue is how close would I be able to return vehicle from the Disney Caribbean resort. If there isn't a location near resort, I would have to return back at airport and how much can a taxi cost from airport to resort.

Also, do these resorts provide shuttle to Cape Canaveral for Disney cruise or would I have to pay out of pocket for that if I decline transfers?

TIA!

Disney has its own rental agency on property and if I am not mistaken, most of the major rentals are represented. Alamo is the "Official Rental Agency" and is located near the MK main entrance, and I believe that they offer drop off and pick up as well as a airport location. Translated, you can rent a car at the airport if you choose and then return it at the MK and be returned to the CB by Alamo. Budget and Avis are also available from Hotel Plaza Blvd, down the road from where you are staying.

Since you are on the cruise and took advantage of the transfers( I am assuming you are reffering to ground transfers) then you are all set. Double check with you TA, but you should be able to take a Disney bus from the airport,even coming in earler, to the CB, then the CB to the Port then back to the Airport.Definitely from the CB to the port and the port to the airport.The busses run 7 days a week in some shape or form. It may not be a DCL bus that brings you to the resort, but a DME( Disney Magical Express,which is the bus provided for guests that are only staying on Disney proprty) then the DCL busses from then on.Same comp operates them, different paint job.At the vey least, let your TA know so if you do rent a car, then you may or may not have to pay for 1 or more transfers.

The other option that you have, since you plan on renting a vehicle, is to drive yourself to the port (easy to do that, its about an hours drive give or take) and return the car there. There are shuttles that will take you from the major car rental agencies, to the ship usually for free.(They are only 10-20 minutes away).

If you need/want driving directions, let us know and well point you in the right direction. Literally.

TIA!

If you are going to have the rental car anyway why not just drive to the port and decline the transfers.

Transfers are $35pp each way or $69pp round trip. There are a lot of rental car agencies right near the port that will shuttle you to the ship once you drop off the car.

Bill

Archived