Distance from Holiday Inn Bayside to ....

helicopter

Can anyone tell me the approximate distance from Holiday Inn Bayside to the Sheraton Biscayne Bay? I'm renting a car at the Sheraton (Budget), but think I would like to stay at the Holiday Inn Bayside (nope, don't really know why). :cool: Would really like suggestions since it is my first trip to Miami. I have never used Hotewire but I've read that you get choice of hotel, is this true?

Just under a mile, take about two minutes. The Sheraton Biscayne Bay is a great hotel and many on this board enjoy the Holiday Inn Bayside. Since their comparable, go for the best price between the two. They are both conveniant to the Port of Miami. ;)

A year ago, we stayed at the Sheratin Biscayne Bay, nice hotel, great pool, right on the water. Will stay there again. Friends stayed at the Holiday Inn, we walked over and met them and walked to Bayside to have dinner and shop and watch the ships.

We just got back from FLL this last weekend and drove to Miami to see the same friends that we saw last year (all fellow CC's) unless you are going to use your car alot, if you stay at either hotel, the taxis are cheap, only $6.00 for us two to go back from Bayside to Sheratin, but all was within walking distance and we love to walk and it was safe.

have fun.

Deerinh20, thanks for the information. We are renting a car from budget which is the reason we are considering staying at the Sheraton (car rental inside). We wanted to drive around and see South Beach, maybe drive down to some of the Keys. I guess it seems a little silly to stay at Holiday Inn since we are renting the car at the Sheraton, but you read so many different things about the hotels. Do you think the Sheraton would be the best bet, then leave the car there when we went to the Bayside Market?

Helicopter,

I would stay at the Sheratin, I really liked it. But don't eat there, we made the mistake, our first day, after a long day of flying to go have the buffet there, well $50.00 later, the food wasn't good, I would rather eat at Bayside, lots of great places to eat. Parking at Bayside can be expensive. Two weeks ago, when we drove down from FLL to meet CC's at Bayside, we paid $20.00 for 3 hours. I would walk or take a taxi to Bayside from the Sheratin. If you like to swim, there pool is open 24/7. It was heated and it was great. Also ask for a window facing the port, so you can see the ships come in the AM. They have a nice little walkway along the water to just sit and enjoy the outside. I'm jealous I want to go back:p , but I have to wait until October.

Good luck and Have fun.

Archived