Is there an extra charge for Ben & Jerry's?? What about Seattle's Best?

You're right, they don't, but the travel agents do.

Sorry but not all TA's do. I for one, am very upfront with my clients. I tell them more than they want to know usually because I believe in setting expectations. I think that is more the norm. I am not sure where you are finding the TA's you work with but I think I would be looking for some new one's really soon.

I have heard TA's not tell the whole story or set expectations to be higher than they should. I set them lower so that when you go on board or on any trip you are not expecting what you get and then are wowed. Just my way of doing what I can to help you have a grand time.

I think folks worry too much about little stuff, complain too much about little stuff, and spend too much time worrying about little stuff. I have been sued for there being a gecko in a room in Hawaii, had people demanding refunds because it rained and I didnt tell them it would, gotten yelled at because flights are delayed/ cancelled, due to mechanical or weather, doesnt matter, it is my fault for putting them on that plane, their room was too cold/hot, they got to the airport too late and missed their flight, you name it, I have been blamed and yelled at, cussed at, and accused.

Life is just too short to worry over some of this stuff, if you dont want to pay for something, then dont. Simple. I never had B n J's on the ship or Seattles best and I didnt miss them one bit. I didnt eat at Portifinos, didnt miss it one bit. They charge for booze but no one seems to complain about that because if they dont want to drink they dont have to pay. Simple logic, I didnt want to pay so I didnt. No biggie to me. I would rather be on a cruise ship that has a bit of wear, or maybe one meal was not up to what I thought, but you know what, I dont even care because for 1 week, I dont have to cook, clean, answer phones, deal with anyone or anything, for one week it is all about me and I can just sit back and watch the world go by and relax. I have someone at my beck and call at all hours of the day, so what I have to wait a few minutes for them, I am not going anywhere, I have all the time in the world and by comparison, cruising is still a great value for the money and I like having control to some degree over what I pay for, one reason I have never opted to go to an ALL INCLUSIVE resort in the Caribbean.

Archived