Information Please

We are doing the 12th April Transatlantic on Independence from Fort Lauderdale and having researched and planned the whole trip from top to bottom I have three remaining questions;

1) What is the cheapest and quickest way from Miami International to the Grande Fort Lauderdale?

2) When leaving Fort Lauderdale what route do the transatlantic voyages take? Do they head north of the Bahamas or thread their way through the islands on a more easterly course. Don't ask me why I need to know, I just do.

3) Will I be able to watch the last two days of the Masters aboard Indy? Seems like a long shot but maybe somebody will know the answer.

Any information gratefully received. Many Thanks in advance!

My DW and I will be on this cruise with you, have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle yet?

Answers to your ?'s

1) Don't know, we are flying down Sunday morning from Orlando

2) I would quess Eastward, saves fuel that way. Thats right, right through the Bermuda Triangle !!!!!

3) Probably, just asked at the different bars that have a TV. If they can get it I'am sure they would show it.

When leaving Fort Lauderdale what route do the transatlantic voyages take? Do they head north of the Bahamas or thread their way through the islands on a more easterly course. Don't ask me why I need to know, I just do.

North of Bahamas to the Azores, then South to Madeira.

When leaving Fort Lauderdale what route do the transatlantic voyages take? Do they head north of the Bahamas or thread their way through the islands on a more easterly course. Don't ask me why I need to know, I just do.

:confused::confused::confused:

I must admit that's surprising. The more direct route looks straight through the middle of the Bahamas?

We did a transatlantic in April 2007 that went from Miami, to Bermuda and on to the Azores. Unfortunately we missed the Bermuda stop due to poor weather. The Azores has become a popular transatlantic stop the past couple of years. It's very beautiful country. We prefer it to Madeira. Yours is a strange itinerary.

Archived