Seat Guru shows different than Delta

Louise45

Someone showed me Seat Guru here a few months ago. I'm flying with Delta in this plane http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Northwest_Airlines/Northwest_Airlines_Boeing_747-400.php We are on row 65. Delta's website has it as B and C with A still available but on seat guru there is no such seat. Does anyone know why? Seat guru says there are no seats on the wall just extra space to put things and that you have the whole row to yourself because the plane tapers off toward the back of the plane. Does anyone have a clue?

Here is Delta's seatmap of the 747-400. It seems to agree with Seatguru's map in that as the plane narrows in the back the ABC seats found in row 62 (three adjoining seats) become AC (two adjoining seats) in the higher numbered rows. Where are you finding that Delta shows that row 65 has a B seat?

Interesting -- the DL 747's are NW metal that is being absorbed by DL. The NW website also show the configuration of the 747 as losing row B in rows numbered higher than 62. Flying to Narita by any chance?

When I look at my itinerary it shows a seat by the window from us that is available. I hope not. It does all the way down both sides except the very last row. Very weird.

The 3-4-3 config definitely becomes 2-4-2 higher than row 62 (except row 67 where it's just 4 across). What's the flight number and date?

Here is it straight from my itinerary email. It's the flight leaving Atlanta on the 13th.

Mon 13APR Delta 1653 LV Charlotte, NC (CLT) 715A Coach

AR Atlanta, GA (ATL) 833A

Mon 13APR Delta 803* LV Atlanta, GA (ATL) 1015A Coach

AR Honolulu, HI (HNL) 130P

*operated by Northwest Air Lines

Sat 25APR Delta 802* LV Honolulu, HI (HNL) 315P Coach

Sun 26APR AR Atlanta, GA (ATL) 535A

*operated by Northwest Air Lines

Sun 26APR Delta 1734 LV Atlanta, GA (ATL) 830A Coach

AR Charlotte, NC (CLT) 940A

Seat(s): DL 1653 - 17D

DL 803 - 65B

DL 802 - 40J

DL 1734 - 13E

Seat(s): DL 1653 - 17E

DL 803 - 65C

DL 802 - 40K

DL 1734 - 13D

The funny thing is, I could have sworn the seat at the window was not there a couple of months ago when I logged in and got those seats! That's why I chose them!

When I looked at the flight seat map on NWA's website it's definitely A & C and they are occupied. In fact the only available seat on the airplane that is available is 62F.

Delta's seatmap is definitely different and again shows only A & C in that section. But seems to have quite a few more seats as available than NWA's flights.

I would assume that NWA is correct, since it is their airplane. But I would be on the phone personally to reconfirm the seats, obviously this is a case of where the two airlines aren't meshing well, yet.

I think (and just MO) that this is a burp. As DL and NW merge, there will be plenty of burps. Might be worth a phone call to DL to try to re-confirm your seats.

Here's the non-connect - when a config goes from three seats (ABC) to two seats (because of the shape of the plane) -- which seat is lost? Do you lose "A" or "B"? In real life, it doesn't matter, so long as everyone is on the same page.

Looks like there are at least two "pages." In theory, there is no 65 B. But somehow DL thinks there is -- and so would try to book someone else into 65 A. Oy.

If you get DL to confirm two seats for you on the two side in row 65, in theory at least, you should be ok. But -- oy. Best of luck.

I used to be in the aircraft interior business. Something to keep in mind- as the fuelage tapers the seats can get narrower to keep the aisle straight. In the case of this thread, probably rows 60-62 have 3 seats that are 1" narrower than standard. Row 63 will go back to standard width seats (2 of them) but the last few rows (including 65) may narrow again.

The first 2-seat group (63 in this case) will not align with the 3 seats in front. A little awkward if there is seatback video. Some airlines have table trays in the armrest, which means the seat is narrower and the armrest won't fold up. The one advantage is 3 underseat areas in front of this row for 2 passengers.

Hey thanks for the tip about this website. I have never heard about it. We are (12 of us) flying Hawaiian from California. Our stateroom isn't far from yours. We are staying in 8516 and my SIL and BIL are in 8514. I sure hope we don't feel a lot of rocking at the very front of the ship.

I think (and just MO) that this is a burp. As DL and NW merge, there will be plenty of burps. Might be worth a phone call to DL to try to re-confirm your seats.

Here's the non-connect - when a config goes from three seats (ABC) to two seats (because of the shape of the plane) -- which seat is lost? Do you lose "A" or "B"? In real life, it doesn't matter, so long as everyone is on the same page.

Looks like there are at least two "pages." In theory, there is no 65 B. But somehow DL thinks there is -- and so would try to book someone else into 65 A. Oy.

If you get DL to confirm two seats for you on the two side in row 65, in theory at least, you should be ok. But -- oy. Best of luck.

Many if not most airlines try to keep some sort of standard for what seats are called window and aisle seats. If A is a window, B is a middle and C is an aisle, and the plane narrows to the point a seat is lost, then the middle B would be gone as you still have an aisle and window seat. Air Canada for instance, on a narrow body, will have ABC and DEF in coach, but in business it's AC and DF

Archived