New Ship Names

spencercoop

When Carnival builds new ships after the Dream and Magic, what do you think the new names should be? I know there are no new ships scheduled, but I just want to see what people can come up with.

RCI had a naming contest with USA Today news paper and I came close. The name that was selected was Oasis of the Seas.

Carnival Atlantis

Fred

it's kinda funny - i was just looking at the yachts of seabourn...

and i noticed that seabourn's yachts are named pride, spirit, legend (all ccl names), and the two others are odyssey and sojourn. we know how they recycle names...

i think carnival odyssey sounds pretty slick. sojourn's not bad - and both are rather apropos...

Atlantis sank into the ocean "in a single day and night of misfortune".:eek:

good reason not to name a boat after it. though it is a snazzy name ;)

maybe that's why carnival only stays in nassau for a few hours? :D

it's kinda funny - i was just looking at the yachts of seabourn...

and i noticed that seabourn's yachts are named pride, spirit, legend (all ccl names), and the two others are odyssey and sojourn. we know how they recycle names...

i think carnival odyssey sounds pretty slick. sojourn's not bad - and both are rather apropos...

By the way..."Legend" has been the name of a RCCL ship for about 12 years.....LOL.....So I guess that ship is the Royal Carnival Seabourn Legend.....LOL.....:D

With the economy what it is and RCI under a boat load of debt, they very well might be Carnival Oasis (of the Seas) and Carnival Allure (of the Seas).

We were talking about that in another thread.

But it was said that Carnival would never buy ships that big.

So it would be more like Carnival Radiance or Carnival Voyager. But those names sound bad, so Carnival will have to rename them.

Wee Jimmy, on the Victory last week, told us that Carnival plans to bring back the "ation" endings, ie: Sensation, Elation. Suggestions from my fellow cruisers...***** and Constipation, Wee Jimmy didn't ask for any more.

Wee Jimmy, on the Victory last week, told us that Carnival plans to bring back the "ation" endings, ie: Sensation, Elation. Suggestions from my fellow cruisers...***** and Constipation, Wee Jimmy didn't ask for any more.

When John Heald was on the Freedom in Feb. 2007 he said he wanted to see more ation ending too. He said he liked Imagination and Inspiration.

When John Heald was on the Freedom in Feb. 2007 he said he wanted to see more ation ending too. He said he liked Imagination and Inspiration.

Exploitation

Gyration

Ruination

Fornication (come on, we know it happens :) )

Cessation

Orientation

Constellation (hey, that could be good actually)

No "Explanation" needed ;)

- Steve

Archived