Anyone been to Bannister Island Lately?

Goingaway

Since it has been re-opened after the murder of the manager . . has anyone been since and does it seem like there are any security people there? Was wondering if they are taking precautions until they arrest whoever they think it was - especially seeing they believe it was an inside job.

We were on the Glory on March 21st and went through a Coral Breezes tour to Bannister Island. There were about 20 of us there, had the island to ourselves and it was beautiful. There were people working at the bar and in the little shop, no security that we saw. We had no idea about the murder at that time. We asked where everyone was and they just said that the cruise ships cancelled their contract but did not say why. The Coral Breezes shore excursion was wondeful, Mr Big and staff was great, the snorkeling was fantastic, would highly recommend it.

I was there last Wednesday, April 1st off the Valor Saw security everywhere - I wouldn't worry about it. The beach was beautiful - Just sorry for the circumstances. One of the most wonderful stops in the whole trip. You won't regret it.

We were there the last week of March. I think I saw someone in a security uniform. All was good. Beautiful beach and great food and drink. Don't buy anything in the gift store.....you can get half the price back at the docks. We took the trip with wet and wild wild when we got to the pier....snorkel and beach....we paid $40 each

Kathleen803 - did you do this through CCL? If so, I have a question that you might think is strange, but will ask anyway. The boat that takes you to and from the island, do you get off on a dock or is it something that you have to actually "climb" in and out of the boat by ladder? My daughter and I are interested in doing this, but she is not able to climb into a boat by ladder. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sue

Archived