Help Needed in Lisbon!

Hello all! We will be docking in Lisbon through our RCI cruise in mid-May. As I understand it, our port will be the Port of Lisbon

Estação Marítima da Rocha

Rocha Conde D’Óbidos

Lisboa, Portugal

From here, we need to get to the following address:

RUA ABRANCHESE

FERRAO

1600 LISBON

PORTUGAL

I tried to look this up on google maps, but I'm not sure if I'm doing this right (it's pathetic how helpless I become once I cross the ocean).

I'd like to know:

1. Approximately how far my destination is from the port

2. The best way to get to my destination (and costs associated)

3. Things to do around the general area of my destination

Thanks in advance, it's a bit unnerving to go exploring on your own!

In Google map.

in the FROM box: Rocha Conde D’Óbidos

in the TO box: R. Abranches Ferrão, Lisbon, Lisbon 1600, Portugal. Click public transportation (altho, google maps are often a bit suspect in these routing)

Looks like you are very close to the zoo. Sorry that I can't be of any more help

In Google map.

in the FROM box: Rocha Conde D’Óbidos

in the TO box: R. Abranches Ferrão, Lisbon, Lisbon 1600, Portugal. Click public transportation (altho, google maps are often a bit suspect in these routing)

Looks like you are very close to the zoo. Sorry that I can't be of any more help

Thank you very much for providing even this bit of info, it is sincerely appreciated. Google maps still have a ways to go, I find glitches with directions within the US from time to time as well. Still remarkable in any case...

If anyone else is familiar with the area, and can provide more insight I am faithfully standing by! Thanks again ab0si!

I received some sound advice over on TripAdvisor, just in case someone searches this in the future

1 . About 8 km

2. Take a cab. Although its relatively far if the driver takes the Eixo Norte Sul highway its pretty fast. During the day and without luggage it should be around 10 euros. Dont pay more than 15!

3. You are close to several things none of them walkable to. Its on a side of the high way! The zoo as it has been mentioned is relatively close. The Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian wich has one of the two best museums in Lisbon (actually it has a museum and a centre of modern art, although the first is much better) and the best colection of Lalique jewerely. The Colombo Mall.

Either you study the bus system of lisbon throughly (http://www.carris.pt it has an english version) or your best option will be another cab to gulbenkian (5 euros tops).

Archived