Are there any cricket matches in early January?

MJPByron

I've always wanted to see some proper cricket since I played it as a kid. I know that a serious Test match will last days at a time, but I don't mind stopping by to see a few hours' worth. We'll be stopping in Barbados for a day on a TBD line/ship, but it'll be anywhere between January 4th and 10th depending on the ship.

Is it possible to see any matches being played? Anything like local teams or such? I don't know the cricket season, so I'm hoping that there might be a pickup game or something as such.

Thanks in advance!

I've always wanted to see some proper cricket since I played it as a kid. I know that a serious Test match will last days at a time, but I don't mind stopping by to see a few hours' worth. We'll be stopping in Barbados for a day on a TBD line/ship, but it'll be anywhere between January 4th and 10th depending on the ship.

Is it possible to see any matches being played? Anything like local teams or such? I don't know the cricket season, so I'm hoping that there might be a pickup game or something as such.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you will be able to see some first class matches in January. This is when the first class season starts in the Caribbean so you maybe able to catch a regional match, they normally play Friday thru Monday.

What day will your ship be in port?

Either Saturday, January 9th (if we go with Celebrity) or Friday the 8th (Norwegian).

I'm guessing the big cricketing day would be Saturday?

Yup....there will be a few more ppl in on Saturday than Friday. If you really luck out you maybe able to get a game at Kensington Oval. which is just a stone's throw away from the port.

Archived