? re: time, Los Cinco Soles and Chankanaab...

MamaParrotHead

OK everyone...need some help sketching out a time line.

The major game plan, all ready booked, is to take the kiddos to Chankanaab to hang, snorkel, play, eat and do the Dolphin Encounter. We're in port form 8-5. Our Encounter is at 1, supposed to take an hour or so. Given the fact that we're planning on heading to Chank straight away in the a.m., and do all the beaching it, etc. and finish up with our Dolphin Encounter, we'll be ready to head out about 2-2:30.

My question is...how long does it take in a cab to get from Chankanaab to downtown Los Cinco Soles? Is there any other shopping around there? How long does it take to get from LCS to Puerta Maya?

Thanks!

Not sure about the time factor, but there is a Los Cinco Soles at Puerta Maya. I'm sure it's not as big as the one downtown, but they did have a nice selection of alot of items, plus the restaurant. The restaurant had a great view of the ships too.

It's about a 10-15 cab ride from the park to the main shopping strip. Los Cinco Soles is at the far end of the strip. If your ship is docked in town, your good. Otherwise, you have to take a cab back to the International pier which is halfway back to Chankanaab.

If you do make it to Cinco soles and you have some time. Stop in the back, Pancho's backyard. Excellent Margaritas. Have some chips and salsa and think about everyone back home.;)

Not sure, but I think we'll be at Puerta Maya.

Puerta Maya is next door to the International pier and there is an LCS at the Puerta Maya pier. However, I recommend the one in town for a much larger selection.

If you leave Chank @ 2 - 2:30, you should have at least an hour to spend downtown before returning to the pier. The cab ride from the center of town to Puerta Maya is 15 to 20 minutes max.

Archived