Never Cruising Carnival Again - PLEASE read and give me a chance !

RaceMedic

Way way back post #28, I asked if there was any part of the cruise that was good. You didn't answer.

You have stated you will NOT cruise Carnival again.

Yet this post tells me you still want to pursue this issue with Carnival. The MOST you will receive, if anything, is a discount for a future Carnival only cruise and that discount will be non transferable. Since you won't cruise Carnival again, why would you want a piece of paper?

They will not send you money.

Dan

Very good point, Dan. If the OP has no intention of sailing Carnival again, why bother? As Dan pointed out, the best you can do is a % off another cruise so, you'll be filling their pocketbooks again. So why bother at this point in time?

Very good point, Dan. If the OP has no intention of sailing Carnival again, why bother? As Dan pointed out, the best you can do is a % off another cruise so, you'll be filling their pocketbooks again. So why bother at this point in time?

I'd do it so that I could tell them to "cram their 20% where the sun don't shine".

I was asking you, you are very anti-carnival, and I just wanted to get a feel of the different lines you have been on to be so opposed.

Not at all, most of my cruises have been on Carnival, and all were good and a good value for what I paid.

I just don't think Carnival accepts responsibility for their mistakes !! That's all. I think that has been well documented here.

Look, I'm certainly not the only person here who likes to cruise Carnival, but thinks this was Carnival's mistake and they ignored responsibility.

In fact, most posters seem to say exactly that.

I agree I have no sympathy.

That is of course, your choice. However, his statement that you agreed with, had a few factual errors so I was surprised anyone would post a blanket agreement. For some though, facts get in the way of Carnival support.

I know that the OP is a first time cruiser but I'm sure that he has heard about flight delays and cancellations...

I'm sure Carnival has heard of flight delays also. I wonder why they are booking customers onto such flights? And they do it at a premium price also. :(

Please clairfy...."him"....the OP, him :confused:.

Sorry, I agree with Jessemon. First time cruise or not, he was uncomfortable with the arrangements enough to contact Carnival about it twice. That would be enough for most people to just make other arragements. IMHO.

The TA may or may not have been clueless however Carnival dropped the ball by not directing the OP back to the TA when concerns about flight times were raised.

We don't know that. We know what the OP is telling us, and he seems like an earnest enough fellow .... but ... there's three sides to every story. Not to cast aspersions on the OP as this seems so much like a series of miscommunications that ended up with the OP wearing jeans to formal night (as opposed to something really important, such as the OP not having a much-needed prosthetic limb).

Asked, answered, commented on by others - yes the OP enjoyed his cruise, he even advised Carnival of same in the email that he sent with the original pdf complaint file.

Dan, I noticed no one commented upon my example of how Celebrity stepped up to the plate in a situation that they were not responsible for. Amazing how one line can do the right thing even though it wasn't their fault and another line that did have a shared responsibility can not do the right thing.

For those that continue to beat the drum that Carnival is not responsible, I would suggest that Carnival first provide a disclaimer to all passengers considering their flight arrangements before booking (not after) that the flights will likely be inconvenient times, could lead to missing the cruise, and Carnival accepts no responsibility. Wonder how many flight arrangements they would get afterwards?

Whatever X did in a certain situation has nothing to do with this one. There are many posts on this board of people praising Carnival for above and beyond customer service and many bashing Carnival's customer service. Those posts and incidents and X's have no part in this one.

The OP presented his side of the story. Carnival will not be presenting theirs. They decided to deny the OP for some reason. Nobody on this thread knows what that reason is.

Is the OP's side of the story true? ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! It is naturally very slanted in his favor. SAME AS IT WOULD BE IF I WAS DOING THE COMPLAINING, OR YOU, OR ANY OF THE POSTERS BLAMING CARNIVAL WITHOUT THE WHOLE STORY.

The OP MIGHT be right

Carnival MIGHT be right

The FACT is that NONE of us knows the FACTS.

But the OP determination to get 10%, 15%, or even 50% off a future cruise he won't take, tells me he may not have been all so reasonable as he presents. ................. Just suspicion, and experience, on my part.

Dan

We don't know that. We know what the OP is telling us, and he seems like an earnest enough fellow .... but ... there's three sides to every story. Not to cast aspersions on the OP as this seems so much like a series of miscommunications that ended up with the OP wearing jeans to formal night (as opposed to something really important, such as the OP not having a much-needed prosthetic limb).

Wow, I did not think it was about wearing jeans. This thread is about customer service. The OP has been kind enough to share the letters he sent Carnival and their responses. There is absolutely no reason to raise an integrity issue as the OP has said all along that we wouldn't have been having this discussion if he had received customer service and that despite these issues, he had a good cruise. It is not miscommunication when a company employs individuals in a service position that are not focused on customer service.

Sorry, I agree with Jessemon. First time cruise or not, he was uncomfortable with the arrangements enough to contact Carnival about it twice. That would be enough for most people to just make other arragements. IMHO.

Or at LEAST Googled "cruise" and "flying with short connections". He found this site WAY fast when he felt that they had done him wrong. Why, with his gut tearing him up enough to call not once, but twice, do at least as much homework as it took to lead him here after the fact? This just makes no sense to me at all.

Whatever X did in a certain situation has nothing to do with this one. There are many posts on this board of people praising Carnival for above and beyond customer service and many bashing Carnival's customer service. Those posts and incidents and X's have no part in this one.

The OP presented his side of the story. Carnival will not be presenting theirs. They decided to deny the OP for some reason. Nobody on this thread knows what that reason is.

Is the OP's side of the story true? ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE! It is naturally very slanted in his favor. SAME AS IT WOULD BE IF I WAS DOING THE COMPLAINING, OR YOU, OR ANY OF THE POSTERS BLAMING CARNIVAL WITHOUT THE WHOLE STORY.

The OP MIGHT be right

Carnival MIGHT be right

The FACT is that NONE of us knows the FACTS.

But the OP determination to get 10%, 15%, or even 50% off a future cruise he won't take, tells me he may not have been all so reasonable as he presents. ................. Just suspicion, and experience, on my part.

Dan

Sorry Dan, there is someone that knows the facts - the OP. You even have Carnival's letters acknowledging responsibility for their service shortcomings but doing nothing about it. What you do not have, is Carnival accepting responsibility for their role in booking flights. Which we all know they will never do. H... they won't even warn people about their flight arrangements until it is too late. Time to remove the blinders and have a full field of vision.

Gawd you got to love the people who comment and don't even bother to read the thread or in this case the letters......he DIDN'T MISS THE SHIP..

Please if you have to comment at least take the time to read (at least the letters)

Amazing......simply amazing! :rolleyes:

Correction...forgot to put luggage in there......

Still not good planning at all.

Nope...Never leave for a cruise the day of the cruise when flying is rule number one......;)

Isn't it nice that a first time cruiser should have known that! The OP was wise enough to be concerned, wise enough to contact Carnival, and had Carnival actually done their job right, would have been re-directed back to their TA and we wouldn't be having this discussion. But of course, it is all the OP's fault to not realize just how incompetent the people he was dealing with at Carnival were.

Or at LEAST Googled "cruise" and "flying with short connections". He found this site WAY fast when he felt that they had done him wrong. Why, with his gut tearing him up enough to call not once, but twice, do at least as much homework as it took to lead him here after the fact? This just makes no sense to me at all.

So if he decided to change airlines and lost money on that would that be ok to bitch about:confused:

This Carnival cruise fare has people by the balls. They book it .... customer pays it and they don't even know their flights until final payment for their cruise. Then if they cancel and get airfare on their own Carnival still gets their money and the customer is screwed.........

Yeah you guys are einsteins:rolleyes:

His only mistake was trusting Carnival........

Over 10000 posts and you haven't learned to read before posting? I think before posting this you really needed to have read the complaint letters and understood exactly what the OP tried to do. Jessemon, you were not the only one to have jumped on the OP before reading, some have apologized and I think you might want to consider it.
Also to let you know....With over 10,000 posts I have helped many people here.....If the "OP" had come here and asked "Should I fly from Canada to Tampa the morning of the cruise?" I would have said "absolutely not".......:rolleyes:

I would assume Carnival air has heard of flight delays and cancellations too ya think:confused:

Funny - I haven't seen this mentioned in their commercials and there was just one on with the Splendor. Maybe it is in the fine print that you can't read - - We'll be glad to sell you airfare along with your cruise, but if the airline is delayed, you are out of luck... Not much of a catch prase as Fun for All,All for Fun. AGain, unless we don't get you to port like we kind of pretend we will.

From their booking page: »If you select the airfare option we will include an airfare package for all guests. We just may not get you to the port prior to the ship leaving and may not care...

Archived