Never Cruising Carnival Again - PLEASE read and give me a chance !

RaceMedic

Wow what a profound statement! They need to stop something that makes them lots of money because a small percentage has a problem. I guess my MBA was not what I paid for. Your right every business in America NO the World must stop everything making them money if one person is unhappy with it and you don't stop the company to make them happy. Forget about the bond holders and stock holders which represent retirement plans. Sorry as I said I would be mad as Hell if it happened to me but please how many flights do they book that arrive on time and everyong is happy. Stop and take a step back and look at this in the big picture. I don't mean to be sarcastic I know you are looking out for fellow passengers. But you need to understand business if they can't use the tools availablbe they would raise the prices for all of us. And if they raised the prices and more people stopped cruising then they would cancel cruises and we would have less choices. I know it doesn't sound like what we all want to hear but that is reality.

You are so right. If CCL finds that this is profitable, great. I am sure for most it works with no problem, but for those with an issue CCL should step up to the plate and make good. Not saying all monies refunded or anyting like that... but in this case, two tux for formal night and they would have been good.

To me, it comes down to the fact that they were dismissed. And NOBODY likes to be dismissed.

Most of you who say other lines would or have done it different are owned by Carnival. Again when you own a business you have to make decisions that will alienate some customers but allow other or most customers to use your services. We are talking about doing good for the few at a cost to the many. Yes I know if it was me I would be kicking and screaming to anyone who would listen. But to 99% (not an actual factual number) of us we benefit from them not giving in to something that they don't have complete or over 51% control. I know Carnival is the large evil big business but they are not AIG and if we want to keep cruising we need to understand the businees behind it. Yes they want us all to have a good time but if they lose money it all stops. If it was your business using another business (airlines) would you guarantee that business 100% at what it does or would you guarantee your business?

I have a question...does Carnival make any money from the booking of those flights? My guess is they do...if so, why then is it OK for them to take no responsibility for any problems arising from them? There is no excuse for booking a flight to come in a mere 2 hours before sail time. The cruise industry knows the delays that can and do happen, but they don't care, because they have no liability. I'm sorry, but when there is a legitimate reason to compensate someone, I for one do not want them to get the screws because I want the cost to be kept down for me. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some people out there looking for a free ride, and will complain about anything to try and get it....but I think this compalint is a valid one. Also, I do not book a cruise on the dollar value alone. My RCCL cruise is much more expensive than the exact same one offered by Carnival. I chose Royal based on many things...not just cost.

You are so right. If CCL finds that this is profitable, great. I am sure for most it works with no problem, but for those with an issue CCL should step up to the plate and make good. Not saying all monies refunded or anyting like that... but in this case, two tux for formal night and they would have been good.

To me, it comes down to the fact that they were dismissed. And NOBODY likes to be dismissed.

I agree I think that a couple of tuxes would be the expediate way to handle this. But I don't know how many people each cruise ask for something or compensation just because they think they can get it and not because it is warranted. Believe me I have dealt with many clients that believe if they scream loud enough they can steal from the company.

I told my staffs in 10 states to handle the issues before it got to me because I would take care of the clients. But if my staffs would not take care of it, it usually was that what they wanted was way out of line. I'm not saying what this person was asking for was out of line. We really don't know everything that transpired just what we have read. All I know is usaully (not always) if a company doesn't give in there is usally a reason. But one thing I do know is if a company always gives in the cost rises to everyone.

I have a question...does Carnival make any money from the booking of those flights? My guess is they do...if so, why then is it OK for them to take no responsibility for any problems arising from them? There is no excuse for booking a flight to come in a mere 2 hours before sail time. The cruise industry knows the delays that can and do happen, but they don't care, because they have no liability. I'm sorry, but when there is a legitimate reason to compensate someone, I for one do not want them to get the screws because I want the cost to be kept down for me. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some people out there looking for a free ride, and will complain about anything to try and get it....but I think this compalint is a valid one. Also, I do not book a cruise on the dollar value alone. My RCCL cruise is much more expensive than the exact same one offered by Carnival. I chose Royal based on many things...not just cost.

Look at all the other cruise lines there are and see the differnt prices they charge. Yes some cruise lines will bend over backwards for you and guess what they charge for that. And I'm not talking about RCCL. I'm talking about Seacrest and Cunard etc. Their ships don't really cost that more when you prorate the cost. The cost of operations for supplies aren't that much higher it's the cost of how they treat and take care of the clients that changes the price. If you pay 5K for the room makes a difference if your luggage is late than if you pay 2k for the room. I know we all hate to think of it that way but it is the fact. Again we can all pay more and be able to complain more or we can pay less and be satisfied with good but not great service. Make a choice if you think Carnival is way out of line with this then don't sail with them pay more for another line that is America at it's finest, choices.

I agree I think that a couple of tuxes would be the expediate way to handle this. But I don't know how many people each cruise ask for something or compensation just because they think they can get it and not because it is warranted. Believe me I have dealt with many clients that believe if they scream loud enough they can steal from the company.

I told my staffs in 10 states to handle the issues before it got to me because I would take care of the clients. But if my staffs would not take care of it, it usually was that what they wanted was way out of line. I'm not saying what this person was asking for was out of line. We really don't know everything that transpired just what we have read. All I know is usaully (not always) if a company doesn't give in there is usally a reason. But one thing I do know is if a company always gives in the cost rises to everyone.

Many, many people try to get something for nothing. But when it is apparent that the air was booked through CCL, and the issues involved, now is the time to step up a little.

I don't know most people. The people I do know are not out for a free ride and are not working the system. I can take most things on the chin and go with the flow. I do know that when such problems arise, I will take issue with being dismissed. You don't have to do much to placate me, I'm pretty easy going.

With that being said, I 'THINK' the OP felt they were just dismissed. That their concerns were not 'worthy'. I would take issue with that myself.:D

Many, many people try to get something for nothing. But when it is apparent that the air was booked through CCL, and the issues involved, now is the time to step up a little.

I don't know most people. The people I do know are not out for a free ride and are not working the system. I can take most things on the chin and go with the flow. I do know that when such problems arise, I will take issue with being dismissed. You don't have to do much to placate me, I'm pretty easy going.

With that being said, I 'THINK' the OP felt they were just dismissed. That their concerns were not 'worthy'. I would take issue with that myself.:D

I think most of the people who are taking sides with the OP are really good people. But remember have any of you seen the actual flight schedule? Did any of you actually hear the conversation between the client and Carnival? Who knows maybe carnival said there was a flight 6 hours early that left at 4 in the morning for the clients and they asked if there was a later flight! To which carnival said yes but it arrives only 2 hours earlier than the ship leaves and the clients said we can make it. Did you notice there is not anyone else complaining about this flight. You would think that at least someone else was on this flight and complaining to the staff on the ship.

I think most of the people who are taking sides with the OP are really good people. But remember have any of you seen the actual flight schedule? Did any of you actually hear the conversation between the client and Carnival? Who knows maybe carnival said there was a flight 6 hours early that left at 4 in the morning for the clients and they asked if there was a later flight! To which carnival said yes but it arrives only 2 hours earlier than the ship leaves and the clients said we can make it. Did you notice there is not anyone else complaining about this flight. You would think that at least someone else was on this flight and complaining to the staff on the ship.

'tis a cautionary tale... he spoke of a few others with the same issue. I wasn't there and have no first hand experience.

In the end, at least to me, had he had empathy on board it would not have morphed into this :eek:.

'tis a cautionary tale... he spoke of a few others with the same issue. I wasn't there and have no first hand experience.

In the end, at least to me, had he had empathy on board it would not have morphed into this :eek:.

But see this is America at it's greatest. The Op gets to not only use his right to not sail with Carnival again and pay more with other cruise lines and probably or hopefully a better time but to also express his irritation with any who want to listen. And we can listen and agree or listen and say ok and if anyone deems it to be such a transgretion we can choose not to use Carnival again. And alas no one has chosen not to use Carnival because of this and if someone says they wouldn't from this post I would use some discrection in believing them. This is what makes our country great.

Archived