Carnival Valor -- Looking for tidbits

We are going to book 2 rooms for the Valor on September 6, looking at Verandah Deck, Categories 4E and 8C. The interior room is for my daughter and her BF. Any thoughts on categories, the ship, ports, would be GREATLY appreciated. This will be our first Carnival, have been on RCCL 3x....a little nervous, but RCCL has priced us out. Thanks to all for help!

Hi, welcome to Carnival!

We did the Valor a year ago and loved her! You didn't say which itinerary you are doing, though. Ours was Eastern Caribbean, but Valor does both Eastern and Western so let us know which one you have and we'll give you info about the ports.

As far as category of cabin.....we had oceanview on Main deck and it was a great cabin. I've had an inside cabin once on Carnival and it was fine. Your daughter and her bf will probably be ok with an inside, but they might want to spend more time in your balcony cabin! ;)

Haven't ever been on RCCL, but we sure love Carnival. We've had 3 great cruises and looking forward to #4 next year.

We went on the Valor and loved it! By far my favorite ship and favorite cruise (beat out my honeymoon cruise! :p ) The inside cabin worked for DH and I because my mom and little brother were also cruising with us and they had a balcony. So when we wanted to see daylight, we just went on their balcony! LOL The inside rooms aren't as bad as they are made out to be...I had the best sleep ever on that cruise because of how dark the rooms get.

There are pictures of the ship in my signature.

We did the Western. So yes, let us know which you're doing and someone here can provide you with tons of pictures and tons of information!

Congrats on choosing the Valor. I've sailed on her twice. First time on the western schedule and the second time on the eastern. You will enjoy the Valor. Lots to do regardless which intinerary you chose.

Here are some of the things I've done - Eastern and Western Itineraries:

Cave tubing in Belize or check out snorkeling at the barrier reef

Island tour with Victor Bodden in Honduras

Swam with the Stingrays/Island tour in Grand Cayman

Explore Cozumel - shopping and drinking!!! Or just go to the beach

Island tours in St Thomas and St Marteen

Swam with the Reef Sharks in Nassua.

Have fun!!! :)

We are going to book 2 rooms for the Valor on September 6, looking at Verandah Deck, Categories 4E and 8C. The interior room is for my daughter and her BF. Any thoughts on categories, the ship, ports, would be GREATLY appreciated. This will be our first Carnival, have been on RCCL 3x....a little nervous, but RCCL has priced us out. Thanks to all for help!

Hi and welcome to Carnival! We just sailed the Valor (3/22) and loved it. Great ship! Tips - use Deck 5 as a highway to get from one end of the ship to the other without interuption, don't miss the fish n' chips at Rosies and if you can, take the galley tour! Read the reviews of the Valor on the Members Review section too, good to get different opinions. And ask lots of questions here, the people are great.

Archived