MP3/IPod Plug-In Connections?

appletx

Most better hotel rooms now have a place to connect your MP3 so you can play the music through the speakers of the tv or radio. Is this available on the Spirit? Or do I need to bring my mini speakers so we can enjoy our music in our room?

Most better hotel rooms now have a place to connect your MP3 so you can play the music through the speakers of the tv or radio. Is this available on the Spirit? Or do I need to bring my mini speakers so we can enjoy our music in our room?

I was on the Spirit in June 2008 in an AB suite and there were no iPod connections. I would recommend bringing your speakers.

Sea Hound:D

I was on the Spirit in June 2008 in an AB suite and there were no iPod connections. I would recommend bringing your speakers.

Do you remember if there is a DVD/CD player in the tv?? The AA on the Dawn had one and I just burned a CD and played in the TV.

Do you remember if there is a DVD/CD player in the tv?? The AA on the Dawn had one and I just burned a CD and played in the TV.

There was a DVD in the room that, I'm sure, would play CDs although I didn't test it.

Because all ipod/mp3 players are not the same, what we did was we went to Radio Shack and bought a 3mm stereo plug to 2 RCA (phono) plugs. (about $7) It looks like a Y. You plug the 3mm stereo plug into the headphone port on the mp3 and the phono plugs in to the audio input ports on the tv,dvd or stereo. The audio input ports are color coded so it is real easy to do. Just make sure you have the tv/dvd on the right channel.

By keeping this cord with you, you can use your mp3 almost anywhere. Even on older units. We never leave home without it.

Happy cruising!

Its been a while since I have cruised on the Spirit. I have heard of the suites having DVD players, but most of the other cabin don't. And I don't recall the small portable TVs having jacks either.

As I recall I saw someone with one of those round I-pod speakers the Ipod sits into. They are not that expensive or large, but would provide better sound than an old portable TV speaker.

Archived