sneaking liquor on board....

pricewc

Our last cruise (my first) I went on we met several people who had snuck liquor on board the ship. Is this something that happens a lot? I have thought about it for my upcoming trip but I drink mostly beer after my morning bloody mary. Just wanted to get everyone thoughts!!!

You don't really have to sneak it. Just put it in your checked luggage. liquor, 12 pack of beer...whatever. Just don't try to carry it on..you will lose it.

Search this forum for smuggling. There are many threads on this topic.

pricewc-

We do it all the time. People have said you can just put a 12pk in your suitcase...we're chicken so we cut open the side of our 12pk of soda and then replace the soda with beer and then glue the side again. That way if they check your bag they see soda. We've also put our booze in large mouth wash containers, and bought awesome plastic flasks that go undetected! I think our last 5 day cruise my husband and I together spent $50 on drinks (mainly at dinner). Hope this helps!

JAMIE!!!!! I am cracking up right now cause I am reading your post not realizing it was you and I was like "oh my gosh they do the soda box trick too!" then I looked up and saw your picture on there! LOL!!!! I thought your ideas for smuggling were just a little to similar to mine! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! TOO FUNNY!

I spent a total of $4.95 on drinks and that's only cause I didn't want to go back to the room. You know we left our room stewert about a 6 pack! I did drink all of my rum though!

JAMIE!!!!! I am cracking up right now cause I am reading your post not realizing it was you and I was like "oh my gosh they do the soda box trick too!" then I looked up and saw your picture on there! LOL!!!! I thought your ideas for smuggling were just a little to similar to mine! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! TOO FUNNY!

I spent a total of $4.95 on drinks and that's only cause I didn't want to go back to the room. You know we left our room stewert about a 6 pack! I did drink all of my rum though!

We just gave our steward a six pack last Saturday, he loved it.

Okay....what do you do for MIXERS??? :D

I hear you on bringing the RUM...since I love a good Painkiller (best drink in the BVI at Soggy Dollar Bar ;))...but where do you get the mixers???

soda card + rum runners = win.

You don't really have to sneak it. Just put it in your checked luggage. liquor, 12 pack of beer...whatever. Just don't try to carry it on..you will lose it.

Search this forum for smuggling. There are many threads on this topic.

This makes no sense at all. You tell them they don't have to sneak it on. What is hiding it in your checked bags if not sneaking it on?

This makes no sense at all. You tell them they don't have to sneak it on. What is hiding it in your checked bags if not sneaking it on?

I do not "Hide" it in my checked bag. I merely place the bottle/ cans/whatever in my checked luggage in their original packaging. By hide, I meant using soda boxes for your beer or mouthwash bottles for your lliquor.

pricewc-

We do it all the time. People have said you can just put a 12pk in your suitcase...we're chicken so we cut open the side of our 12pk of soda and then replace the soda with beer and then glue the side again. That way if they check your bag they see soda. We've also put our booze in large mouth wash containers, and bought awesome plastic flasks that go undetected! I think our last 5 day cruise my husband and I together spent $50 on drinks (mainly at dinner). Hope this helps!

UGH! And hopefully Carnival execs don't know of the existence of CruiseCritic!

I do not "Hide" it in my checked bag. I merely place the bottle/ cans/whatever in my checked luggage in their original packaging. By hide, I meant using soda boxes for your beer or mouthwash bottles for your lliquor.

And that is not 'hiding" when you know you are only allowed to bring one bottle of wine p/p on board?

Nope.........I believe hiding would be disguising it........

Thank you Kurbanfan! If I'm hiding my alcohol, then I am also hiding my socks, my underware, my pants, my shirts and my flip-flops!:rolleyes:

thats not sneaking man, they could look in those checked bags if they really wanted to. Carnival knows.

thats not sneaking man, they could look in those checked bags if they really wanted to. Carnival knows.

LOL. Yes, they know. You can pack it in your checked luggage in the original packaging and on top of the clothes. If that's hiding or sneaking, then so be it. I'll sneak my underwear on too.

I've even carried on more than two bottles of wine per person and I've carried on a boxed wine in the original packaging - 5 liters. Plain sight in carried on luggage.

Thank you Kurbanfan! If I'm hiding my alcohol, then I am also hiding my socks, my underware, my pants, my shirts and my flip-flops!:rolleyes:

LOL, and just how long have you been selling that story. :rolleyes:

That has to be the worst excuse on record :o

LOL, and just how long have you been selling that story. :rolleyes:

That has to be the worst excuse on record :o

Why, because you are unable to refute it?

The act of placing an item in checked luggage is not "hiding it" or "sneaking". Hiding or sneaking requires an element of intent by the actor, so unless you are inside his or her head, I fail to see how you can make that determination.

Would you please cite to the boarding process that requires a person to declare all articles being brought aboard?

The act of placing an item in checked luggage is not "hiding it" or "sneaking". Hiding or sneaking requires an element of intent by the actor, so unless you are inside his or her head, I fail to see how you can make that determination.

Would you please cite to the boarding process that requires a person to declare all articles being brought aboard?

Well stated!

If Carnival chooses to open my suitcase and remove the alcohol, that is fine. It will be easy for them to find because I do NOT hide it.

UGH! And hopefully Carnival execs don't know of the existence of CruiseCritic!

Carnival is not trying to stop people from bringing liquor on board. They are only trying to discourage it. If they wanted to put a stop to it they would by inspecting everyones luggage. I would suspect they are afraid that they would lose business because some people would simply not cruise because of cost of purchasing all their liquor onboard. Greg

Then why not just bring it in the carry on if nobody is hiding anything?

They do not have to declare anything as they will have their carry on opened; and everyone knows that. Hence is why "they" hide the booze in the check in.

Archived