SUGGESTIONS FOR 4 adults (1 preg), and 3yo and 1yo at good cost

jjlb

We done Nachi Cocum as an adult thing...looking for something that would be reasonable for 1 non-drinking adult, 1 slightly drinking, 2 relaxing even more, but with food, fun, relaxing for children as well.

Any suggestions? We would LOVE to VIEW dolphins/other wildlife being swam with, etc. for children's experience, but don't want to spend lots of money to do so.

Best place?

With kids that young, I think you're better off holding off a few years for the dolphin encounters- they tend to be spendy and kids that age won't remember or really appreciate it.

Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach would both be pretty good choices. I doubt either of their pools would welcome non-toilet-trained kids, but there's some nice beach for digging, and the pay-as-you-go options would be a good choice for the non/low drinkers.

I second the Sanchos option. ***** has the All inclusive option for $40 per person, I bet the kids are free since they are so little.

Oh, just an FYI, tell the preggo person to make sure she drinks a lot of fluids while she is there; the heat always took its toll on me when I was pregnant and if I didn't drink enuf I would have mild contractions.

My 3yr old loved Chankanaab National Park. We just went 2 weeks ago. Admission was $16 for adults, $8 for kids and there are coupons on their website for an additional $2 off. We went when there were 5 other ships in port. It was not crowded. We easily found an umbrella and two chairs (included with admission price) in a nice spot. They have a children’s playground and a shallow pool. There was also a beach where my 3 yr old could walk into the water. She preferred walking the path around the lagoon which had lots of fish and iguanas. There was a viewing area for the dolphin encounters. That was fun to watch. There was good snorkeling, several restaurants, and clean bathrooms. We wish we had more time there.

I guess I would have to give hands up to Mr. Sanchos... though my children are a bit older, they loved the beach area and the pool. It is a very relaxing day and the AI is not a bad deal, even if you don't drink alot! The food is delious! And oh yea for the prego one, the comfy loungers will be perfect!

Archived