Sunset Beach Resort prices increased

marilole

:eek:

I just received an email and this is what is says .....

Hi,

The cost per day pass is USD80.00 per adult and USD40.00 per child all inclusive, this includes all food and beverages, taxes, gratuities and all non-motorized sporting activities. No reservations required.

Warm regards,

Karen

That means for sure I will be looking for another alternative. I am NOT paying 160 dollars for two people to be at the beach, and drink a couple of drinks. I think the prices are way too high..

That's weird, because 2 days ago I got a message from Karen but the prices were $60 for adults and $30 for kids. (I told her in my email that we had been there last year - I wonder if that made a difference?? :confused:)

If I were you , I would ask her again. You dont want any "surprises" when you get to their door and you are forced to pay 80 dollars

I edited my email address for security purpuses

fromcleardot.gifSunset Reservations <reservations@sunsetmobay.com>tocleardot.gifMarivonne Diaz

datecleardot.gifWed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:11 PMsubjectcleardot.gifRe: prices for a day pass

hide details 3:11 PM (2 hours ago)

cleardot.gifReply

cleardot.gif

Hi,

The cost per day pass is USD80.00 per adult and USD40.00 per child all inclusive, this includes all food and beverages, taxes, gratuities and all non-motorized sporting activities. No reservations required.

Warm regards,

Karen

- Show quoted text -

Copied and pasted from the email I received on Monday:

Hi,

The cost is now USD60.00 per adult and USD30.00 per child. No reservations

reqired.

Thanks,

Karen

Too weird - maybe the price went up again in the last two days??:eek: $80 is too much!

Copied and pasted from the email I received on Monday:

Too weird - maybe the price went up again in the last two days??:eek: $80 is too much!

I just sent them this reply to the email they sent me today...

here it is...

You are telling me that the price is 80 dollars but yet you are sending emails to other people saying that the price is 60 dollars? what is the deal there? I really dont know if I should trust a company that changes rates from day to day.. believe me.. is not the same to pay 160 dollars vs. 120 dollars that would be the rate of two guest @ 60 dollars. So please clarify yourself because many people in cruisecritic.com is saying is 60 dollars and they also had emails sent from your company to probe it.

I will appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks

M. Diaz

Looking at Carnivals mobay beach breaks, they all have increased.

Sandals 119 and 119

Negril 119 and 99

Irie mon 99 and 65

Even at 80 its handi and safe.

They have great pool, beach, food, and waterpark.

Something to consider.

Was there last may at 40 and 20. New price high but still

worth it IMHO.

Very short ride and secure for my grandsons this june.

1-800-234-1707 toll free from US

I do know that there is a sunset in Mobay and a sunset in Ocho Rios. This may provide some clarification. I kinda remember Ocho being a little more expensive. Not sure but maybe you can inquire about each one.

here is the new email I just received from them and there is good news! :)

We have both a cruise ship rate, which is extended to cruise ship passengers only which ic USD60 per adult. And we have our regular day passes which is USD80.00 per person. You were quoted our regular rate as your email did not specify that you were coming on a cruise. Hence the rate that would be applicable to you is USD60.00 per adult.

Thanks,

Karen

• 3 weeks later...
Makes sense that they want to know if you came on a cruise ship. I just called and was quoted $50/person but you had to have your cruise ID with you.

I was told the same thing via email. I plan to print it out just to be safe!

Please tell me what is all included in the price - what do you get at the beach for the day? What sports equipment do they have, what about the waterpark - what do they have for kids? Thanks :)

Please tell me what is all included in the price - what do you get at the beach for the day? What sports equipment do they have, what about the waterpark - what do they have for kids? Thanks :)

We went (on our own) to Sunset Beach. It's all inclusive and you wont be bothered there. It's only a 10 min taxi ride from the pier. Be sure to take a taxi with a red liscence plate. The other's are free lance and can take you anywhere and charge you anything they want. Taxi ride is $4 a person and SS beach is $60 adults and $30 kids. It's nice with a nice beach and pools and small water park. Slide and lazy river.

Open bar and buffet or grill provided

Non motorized water eqip provided

Have fun!!

Prices have raised but a great bargain in my opinion

taking 2 teen grandkids may 31 woohoo

some say this price has went down

you can email them or call toll free I have and they respond well

info at sunsetbeachresort.com

Archived