Private Island Beach Break offered again!

Goingaway

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've been going on CC website everyday to see if they are offering this beach break again and they are! I've already posted the e-mail I received from the Director of Bannister Island - it is under the thread Bannister Island Safety. I would much rather do this excursion thru the ship seeing you get tendered right from the ship to bannister instead of going into the port first.

Thats funny - I booked it on the CC website last night - it shows in our cruise itinerary too - never saw anything that showed only selling tickets on-board. I'm going to double check it, but it did ask for my credit card info ect. I guess buying them on-board is a good idea anyways - atleast you can check out the weather first to make sure its a good beach day.

There is an excursion offered through the Carnival website that is just called XPrivate Island Beach Break. It doesn't name the island. Would this be Bannister Island?

This is my first time cruising, so I'm learning a lot!

Thanks!

Goingaway - I assume that you have done this excursion previously? My daughter and I are interested in doing this, but she is really over weight and I was wondering when you are tendered to the island, do you actually get on the boat(both ways) from a dock? I know some excursions you have to actually climb in the boat by a ladder in the water and if that is the case she wouldn't be able to do that. Did you enjoy it? I believe the info stated that there is also a pool/jacuzzi there too? Any information that you or anyone else could give me would be appreciated very much!

Thanks!

Sue

No, I haven't done it, just researched it Alot - I've even e-mailed the Director of the Island I had w/some previous concerns and he was great about getting right back to me. I'm not sure how the Tender is getting on and off - I would post that question on the belize thread. I've read lots of great things about Bannister Island and how beautiful it is - I'll be there on april 21st - I'll post back and let you know how everything went if you have time before your trip.

Bannister Island does have a dock. It's easy on and off the tender. I did this excursion through Royal Caribbean on Wednesday. It was a nice day at the beach. My husband and I read and got some sun, the kids swam and played volleyball.

That is the kind of day I am hoping for thru Carnival... IF it is true that CCL is offering the excursion again!:) We sail in June!:D

Yes they do have a dock. I just got back, and you go directly from the tender boat to the dock. And don't worry, the guys were really helpful getting folks on and off. We had some elderly ladies with walkers, and one gentleman in a wheelchair.

Archived