Now that CCL Bannister Island excursion is back...

2sigs

is there anyone who did the beach break and then opted to do the snorkeling that they offer directly from the island? How much did it cost and how long are you out at the reef? What other activities are offered from Bannister beach? I would like to go here but want to make sure that there are enough activites to keep my husband and I occupied for the 4 hours. I don't think I could lie on the beach for 4 hours straight so I'd like to make sure there are enough activities when we get there. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
is there anyone who did the beach break and then opted to do the snorkeling that they offer directly from the island? How much did it cost and how long are you out at the reef? What other activities are offered from Bannister beach? I would like to go here but want to make sure that there are enough activites to keep my husband and I occupied for the 4 hours. I don't think I could lie on the beach for 4 hours straight so I'd like to make sure there are enough activities when we get there. Thanks!

I would like info too. Like the OP I don't want to just be sitting on a beach for 4 hr.s

HI! My husband, myself and 4 of our Valor dining mates did the Carnival Bannister Island excursion and booked snorkeling directly from the island.

I loved the snorkeling. It was $20 each and they provided the mask and snorkel and fins and lifejacket if you needed it. We snorkeled probably 45-60 minutes after a short 5-10 minute boat ride. I really liked the snorkeling here...we also snorkeled in Grand Cayman and Key West but I liked this the best. It actually saved the day for us all.

We found Bannister Island to be boring. I had really been looking forward to it but it was super windy and cloudy that day and there wasn't anything to do...that is why we ended up paying the extra to go snorkeling. (If it had been a nice day I might have liked Bannister more.)

The rum punch that was included was nasty and the belikin beer I got was bordering warm.

I would recommend if you want to spend some time on Bannister, go with Coral Breezes (I base this soley on their website, not experience) because you don't spend as much time at bannister and I think all the places take you to the same snorkeling. If I had it to do over I would not have gone to Bannister Island.

I'll try to answer other questions if you have them. By the way...I loved Rum Point Beach in Grand Cayman!

Hi Cathy,

My husband and I did the Rays, Reef and Rum Point excursion thru Native Way. The rays were awesome and we enjoyed the snorkeling. Rum Point was beautiful. A lot went into my enjoyment there...in no particular order...

• The Fresh Catch of the day was MahiMahi and it was soooo delicious! My husband enjoyed is jerk pork meal as well. I give high marks for the restaurant.
  • The drinks at the bar were really yummy...the Pina Colada with Chambord was my favorite.
  • The water is gorgeous! so many shades of blue
  • White sand beaches, lounge chairs and hammocks.
  • clean bathroom facilities
  • The weather was perfect!

I understand it's an expensive cab ride from the dock so it may not be practical to try to go that route. If you've never swam with sting rays I loved that part of the trip too...they are amazing..I liked it as much as swimming with dolphins.

Enjoy!

Archived