Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

Well, I guess that's it. Rich must be gone. I think he said that he was to leave at 5PM. I feel a little lost. :( Now who can I be excited for? :rolleyes: Oh Missi - How's it going? Who else is next?

Hi daring,

In case you're down because Rich has gone, just thought I'd remind you...

We're leaving in five weeks today!!!! Yahooooooooooooo

OK Sally, I'm smiling :) Yes its the big countdown! Can't wait till you remind me next week that it will be four more weeks. I'll look forward to that.

One of my most memorable experiences on the GEM (not in the ports we visited) was star gazing.

One night--they turned all the upper deck lights off, and showed with a laser pointer the constellations, and gave a brief description.

The Milky Way looked so beautiful.

If they do this on the GEM sailings this summer--do not miss it!

The time date on the image says it was taken at 6:21. I guess its not a live cam. Darn!

We can keep checking and see if anything changes.

One of my most memorable experiences on the GEM (not in the ports we visited) was star gazing.

One night--they turned all the upper deck lights off, and showed with a laser pointer the constellations, and gave a brief description.

Thanks for the heads up; I'll look for that. That reminds me of when I was little with my dad, but we didn't have lazer pointers then :rolleyes: just pointer fingers.

We fly out of Charlotte NC on American Air and land in Philadelphia around 4:30 PM, then fly out on American Airlines around 7:30 PM to Barcelona. My question is: Does anyone have any idea if we would have time to see the Liberty Bell within those two hours while we are in Philadelphia?

Hey everybody! Well, I'm packed! I had hoped to do it in 2 suitcases, but it looks like we'll be taking 3. Each of my original 2 was around 45 lbs, and that's too close for comfort for me, so I grabbed an extra duffel bag and rearranged a few things, mostly to keep me from stressing, lol.

I checked the weather for Barcelona today, Rich has a beautiful day for boarding, exploring the ship, and sail away.

Star gazing aboard the Gem sounds amaziing! I hope that's offered on our cruise!

We fly out of Charlotte NC on American Air and land in Philadelphia around 4:30 PM, then fly out on American Airlines around 7:30 PM to Barcelona. My question is: Does anyone have any idea if we would have time to see the Liberty Bell within those two hours while we are in Philadelphia?

Hmmm, it sounds a little too ambitious for me! Although it would be a great way to kill time during a short layover, I'd be scared traffic problems would keep me from boarding that next plane on time. (BTW, I was kinda wondering the same thing about Amsterdam, but DH would KILL me if we missed our flight home!)

Was this listed in the Freestyle Daily? If so, I'll look for it, and plan my evening around it! Sounds awesome!

Hey everybody! Well, I'm packed! I had hoped to do it in 2 suitcases, but it looks like we'll be taking 3. Each of my original 2 was around 45 lbs, and that's too close for comfort for me, so I grabbed an extra duffel bag and rearranged a few things, mostly to keep me from stressing, lol.

I checked the weather for Barcelona today, Rich has a beautiful day for boarding, exploring the ship, and sail away.

Star gazing aboard the Gem sounds amaziing! I hope that's offered on our cruise!

So when should we have your bonvoyage party and I hope MG is back in time for it.

We could start now and party all week! :D

Man, I don't want to work this week.

I know this is going to be hard but when do you actually leave. I've tried to bear down but I feel like I've been pretty useless at work since we made our final payment. Hey! so lets do it. It's a week long Missis festival.

One more thing. I need to find out what the earliest time I can get off of the ship in Malta if you are not on one of their tours. This is just in case Rich doesn't remember.

So we are really close, Gardner Webb alumni here. Too bad we won't be going at the same time but this thread is fun because we are taking turns being excited for one another. We just sent our first member of this thread off to Barcelona yesterday. We can't wait for him to come back so we can ask questions - poor quy - I think he is one of only two guys on here. Gregor is the other. We all have had a hard time waiting for our cruises to get here. The gym is on its first 7 day Med cruise this year, so now we are doing the big countdown for the rest of us. I think we are all a little OC but I can't help it. It's my first trip to Europe. YEAH! :p

I know this is going to be hard but when do you actually leave. I've tried to bear down but I feel like I've been pretty useless at work since we made our final payment. Hey! so lets do it. It's a week long Missis festival.

One more thing. I need to find out what the earliest time I can get off of the ship in Malta if you are not on one of their tours. This is just in case Rich doesn't remember.

We will be leaving home at 5:30 AM Saturday morning. Sigh. 5 more days.

Since I hope to try to be one the first ones off the ship in Malta, I'll see what I can do. Anything else you want/need to know? I'm thinking of carrying a note pad so I can remember these things!

We will be leaving home at 5:30 AM Saturday morning. Sigh. 5 more days.

Since I hope to try to be one the first ones off the ship in Malta, I'll see what I can do. Anything else you want/need to know? I'm thinking of carrying a note pad so I can remember these things!

You're a good girl! Did you meet Carolina Girl? Another southern girl has come to play. Wow! only 5 more days. I thought this time would never come but here we go! So we get to have another Friday night party. Is that right? By that time, it will be less than 30 days for me. Oh, now I'm nervous, what am I forgetting?

So Rich should be preparing to leave Malta. I wish this webcam worked better. Time seems to be moving a little faster now that Rich has left. When do you leave?

Isn't the first day an "at sea" day and Tuesday is Malta? I wonder what activities he is doing today?

We leave May 28th. We'll head to the Birmingham airport around 11:30 a.m. for our 1:15 flight to Atlanta.We arrive in Barcelona around 9:00 a.m Friday. I am just hoping I can sleep some on the flight! I'll be so excited.

Are you spending much time in Barcelona pre-cruise?

Archived