Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

Did you get a message like this and did they ever do any kind of follow up? Is this the same place and time as your meet and greet?

Dear Daring,

The meet and greet is scheduled for Monday, June 8th at 11am in Magenta.

Regards,

Sandra Agusti | Group Event Coordinator, Norwegian Gem

GroupEventGem@ncl.com

800.327.9020 ext 7762 | fax 305.436.4147

Daring,

Our Meet and Greet coordinator received the same message for ours on June 1. Ours is also in Magenta.

That's the good stuff - I'm saving that for the plane! :D

So funny! I've been kind of afraid to take it on the plane. I say weird things on ambien like asking my husband why his chest hair looks funny. :)

Hey, I just realized I won't be here for mickeysgal and why_knot_me's sail away party!

So, for mickeysgal and why_knot_me:

BON VOYAGE! I hope your cruise is everything you want it to be, and safe travels to both of you!

That's so nice - I'm excited for everyone, this has been so much fun - kinda like a extended cruise I think. When do you get back Missi?

Did you get a message like this and did they ever do any kind of follow up? Is this the same place and time as your meet and greet?

Dear Daring,

Regards,

GroupEventGem@ncl.com

yep, I got one exactly like this. Our group is small, and we decided to meet informally for a pre-dinner drink that same day at 4:00 PM, Shaker Martini Bar. So I emailed Sandra back, thanked her, and let her know that we would be meeting at another time.

I couldn't see having a drink before lunch, and honestly, I wasn't real sure if any of us would be up and moving that early!

So funny! I've been kind of afraid to take it on the plane. I say weird things on ambien like asking my husband why his chest hair looks funny. :)

LOL! At least things wouldn't get too boring on your flight!

That's so nice - I'm excited for everyone, this has been so much fun - kinda like a extended cruise I think. When do you get back Missi?

We will be leaving Barcelona at 10:00 AM Sunday morning, and will be home Sunday night. I'll check in for a minute then, but probably won't post much before Monday.

LOL! At least things wouldn't get too boring on your flight!

LOL, that's what I'm afraid of! :)

We will be leaving Barcelona at 10:00 AM Sunday morning, and will be home Sunday night. I'll check in for a minute then, but probably won't post much before Monday.

Where are you staying tomorrow night?

That will be neat. I wish I had asked Rich when he would be back and it's going to be neat to hear you guys compare experiences.

Where are you staying tomorrow night?

um, on the plane!

I'm calling it a night, just took a PM, and want to be laying down when it takes effect, lol!

This has been the best thread! Thanks for sharing my excitement, I really hope we can all cruise together some day. :)

See y'all in a week!

Oh, I almost forgot.....

WELCOME HOME RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm planning on getting a taxi at the Livorno port to take us to Pisa and Lucca. Somewhere between there, I would like to go to a wine tasting. If it is convenient for you, could you ask someones suggestion on that. What are you doing at that port?

Hey, I just realized I won't be here for mickeysgal and why_knot_me's sail away party!

So, for mickeysgal and why_knot_me:

BON VOYAGE! I hope your cruise is everything you want it to be, and safe travels to both of you!

Thanks Mississippi!! I can't believe it's almost here!

Dear Daring,

Regards,

GroupEventGem@ncl.com

That's exactly the message that I received. And she reconfirmed once I gave her our final numbers.

Now see, I think that's funny. Take the ambien. At least for the sake of your fellow passengers around you. It's a long flight and they need amusement. ;):D

This has been the best thread! Thanks for sharing my excitement, I really hope we can all cruise together some day. :)

See y'all in a week!

Happy Cruise Mississippi! Relax and enjoy every single Mediterranian moment. :cool:

GOOD MORNING! So much to do, so little time....I'm having a cup of coffee and checking in before I get started this morning.

I'm planning on getting a taxi at the Livorno port to take us to Pisa and Lucca. Somewhere between there, I would like to go to a wine tasting. If it is convenient for you, could you ask someones suggestion on that. What are you doing at that port?

We booked with RomiInLimo for this port, but instead of the Pisa/Florence tour they offered, we customized a tour to include a winery and then Florence. (We had to give up Pisa, but you just can't do it all!) I'll let you know about the winery, it may be what you're looking for.

I wonder if she will really be able to sleep? I noticed that Rich got back up and on here around 3 in the morning. :)

Yep, I slept! The tylenol pm did exactly what it was supposed to do!

Bye, my friends!

I wonder if she will really be able to sleep? I noticed that Rich got back up and on here around 3 in the morning. :)

That'll be me too. I couldn't sleep last night just thinking about everything I want to get done in the next 2 1/2 weeks!

Now see, I think that's funny. Take the ambien. At least for the sake of your fellow passengers around you. It's a long flight and they need amusement. ;):D

I'm hoping they will be asleep. :) Maybe they'll all take Ambien too!

Bye Miss... Thanks for your well wishes for Mickey and me next week.

By the way, I started taking Tylenol PM the other night cuz I can't sleep the full night. I think my mind is very busy.

I totally know where you are coming from on that! My mind is way too busy. I need to figure out how to use the multi-quote on here.

um, on the plane!

I'm calling it a night, just took a PM, and want to be laying down when it takes effect, lol!

See y'all in a week!

Oh, I almost forgot.....

WELCOME HOME RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See we've been thinking about you. Looking forward to your return. Hopefully we can help you extend and refresh the thoughts and feelings of your much awaited vacation. ;)

If this doesn't make sense it is because I have been on a plane for the last 14 hours!

Here goes.................

Your eyes will see the most gorgeous places in the world. I wish everyone was fortunate enough to take this most amazing vacation!

Embarkation--We arrived in Barcelona on the day of the cruise--no biggie---got right on the ship no lines---directly to cabin---muster drilll is before sail away. We had an early dinner at the buffet and called it a nite.

Day at Sea is perfect for unwinding after a day of travel! Our weather was picture perfect all week!

Malta--We took the bus at the pier up the big hill into the center of town--Valletta was perfect just to walk around and admire--we walked down the hill.

Naples is a bustling FAST city--we took a two hour tour which afforded us hill top views of Naples, Sorrento and Capri--totally gorgeous!

Rome---We hired a tour guide--Rome-in-Limo along with a extra guide of the Vatican--all well worth the money--Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't see it all in a day---at least with the guide we saw msot of it. I was raised Catholic and to see the Vatican was amazing!

Florence--we took a "See it on your Own" tour and visited a leather shop and then the center of Florence---I bought myself the most amazing leather wallet and attache case in an outdoor market in Florence---I paid 15 euros for the wallet and 125 euros for the attache case--they woudl cost double here!

Cannes----GOrgeous! There is a jittney by the pier that charges 10 euros for a tour around Cannes take this --it is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had dinner in Cagney's. Le Bistro, Tequila, La Cucina--one night in the regualr dining room and two nights at the buffet.

Lunch was mostly by the pool and breakfast everyday was at the buffet!

I am not going to lie--this cruise is not relaxing--I was sleeping every night by 11---lots of walking, but GOOD walking. Each port leaves you wanting to see more---It was the most amazing vacation of my life and I say this after 30 cruises and visiting Europe once before.

I am very exhausted and jet lagged--ask me anything I might have forgotten--You guys are in for a fantastic time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived