Carnival and switching cruises?

NoL

Has anyone ever worked with Carnival to switch to another cruise due to something coming up for the chosen cruise?

My husband is in the military and things are never set in stone, so Im hoping we never have to deal with it, but I was told Carnival is very helpful whenever they can be and wondered if anyone had first hand experience with this.

Thanks a lot :)

Has anyone ever worked with Carnival to switch to another cruise due to something coming up for the chosen cruise?

My husband is in the military and things are never set in stone, so Im hoping we never have to deal with it, but I was told Carnival is very helpful whenever they can be and wondered if anyone had first hand experience with this.

Look into insurance. There are plans that will cover you in the event your DH is deployed.

Look into insurance. There are plans that will cover you in the event your DH is deployed.

Thank you, we have trip insurance, but we would prefer to just be able to switch to a cruise we are able to go on if leave dates change :)

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/Deposits.html

Cancellation Policy: Military Personnel

The following is an update on our cancellation policy for Military Personnel that have been called to Active Duty. Due to the nature of the cancellation, special consideration will be extended to Military Personnel.

• The Research Department will review each cancellation on a case-by-case basis.
  • Cancellations due to military deployment or extended military deployment are automatically given a future cruise credit by our penalty review team provided that the proper proof of deployment or extended deployment is submitted to Research for future cruise credit consideration.
  • If approved, the guest may receive a future cruise credit for the full amount of their cruise. Future cruise credits will be valid on all departures. If the rebooked cruise is less expensive, the guest will receive the difference as an onboard credit.
  • Travel agent commission will be protected on these bookings. Travel agents will not receive a second commission on the rebooked cruise. If the rebooked cruise is more expensive, the agent will receive commission on the incremental cruise.

All requests should include:

• A letter stating the reason for cancellation.
  • A copy of their Military Orders on Military letterhead

Thank you, we have trip insurance, but we would prefer to just be able to switch to a cruise we are able to go on if leave dates change :)

Of course. My understanding is also that Carnival has special provisions for military. My suggestion for insurance was to cover all the rest, from trip interruption to flight cancellation and pre/post cruise hotel stays.

Have fun!

Of course. My understanding is also that Carnival has special provisions for military. My suggestion for insurance was to cover all the rest, from trip interruption to flight cancellation and pre/post cruise hotel stays.

Have fun!

thanks a lot! thats a load off my mind. and thanks for all the info SouthernCaribbean!

We REALLLY dont want to cancel our cruise, so I figure Carnival will work with us to get us on another if something changes since they want to keep all of our money :p

wish us luck that nothing changes :D You all are so helpful

We had to cancel our cruise at the end of May (Fascination) and rebook for an October cruise (Fantasy). The deposit was the same for both. The customer service rep was wonderful.

After she understood that I needed to cancel on cruise/ship and book another later cruise/ship, it was done in less than 10 minutes. Within 30 minutes, I had my new cruise confirmation. The strange thing was it was the same booking number.

Really painless in all. :D

We did this with no fee (if you booked early saver there is a fee) as we booked using hubby's military discount. Just called up Carnival and asked to find a cruise going western instead of eastern caribbean and they moved us (dates, ship and all)....and gave us a refund on the difference in price. It was pretty easy!

Archived