Yes,Another "smuggling" question

TnMama

For ,my last cruise I put an 18 pack / cans/ Miller Lite in a suitcase. Along with the 2 bottles of wine, bottled water (some actually vodka & rum), and an 18 pack of Cokes as well.

All arrived perfect and ready for drinking and saving ! (money that is)

We mostly pour and mix in our room. We also have a pop up cooler that we pack and put under the sink in the bathroom , tip the room stewart and ask him to keep it iced at all times :) We put the beer and the booze and soda it it and we have never had a problem.

usually when it is just my DH and I we don't bring much, wine, soda, small bottle of whatever. but when we are traveling with friends and family then we have a large luggage bag that has been designated as the "booze bag" that will fill to the brim and lock and send it on its way, it has always been delivered with no problems.

At the end of the crusie we usualy leave the left overs (if any) for the crew, they gladly accept!

So I'm taking notes for our first cruise...

How do they serve beer / soda on board? Does it come in bottles or cans? Can you realistically open a beer in your room and just walk on out to the deck with the open bottle? Or do you pour it into another container first?

When you all say you put it in your "checked" luggage, I'm assuming you mean "checked" at the pier, right? We're flying in the day before, and I plan on purchasing my beverages of choice there and packing them to check at the ship. Is that how you've done it?

Someone mentioned buying beer at the first port and carrying it back on... If we're doing shore excursions, how would we do that? Would we just throw it in our backpacks and board like usual?

I appreciate all the insight! :-D

:)Ok, Maybe Ive missed it somewhere...Ive read about RumRunners and the like and other various ways to smuggle in liquor. But I have a beer question.

HOW do you do it? How do you smuggle in a 12 pack of Budlight,in a can? I was thinking of bringing a 12 pack of cokes, since we opted not to buy the drink cards, not big coke drinkers, so I dont want to pay an arm and a leg incase I want one. BUT, I was thinking to smuggle in beer, in cans {blek}, that I could use a diffrent coke box. like open it, and replace the cokes with beer cans and reseal the box with some super glue. COuld you tell it was Bud in the box and not Coke?

Just an idea Ive had, and if its already answered here, Sorry!

THANKS!!!!!:)

I just returned from Glory 4/4/09. I brought 6 12 pcks of beer in the soda boxes. We put 2 in checked luggage and carried on the other 4. We used Pepsi product soda boxes because they don't have that offered on board. It passed through just fine:)

what a priceless picture ...Kudos to all the smugglers ..you made me laugh and made my day ....

I too smuggle and always just kept the bottles in the safe and bring my own mug and mix in the room and then jet out on board .....

I just don't get it. Why go on a cruise if you can't afford to buy their drinks. I know I am not gonna be popular but can't yall budget for drinks. I would never ever take the chance of getting in trouble and missing my cruise. It isn't that important!!! I hope that the cruise lines wise up!!!

I just don't get it. Why go on a cruise if you can't afford to buy their drinks. I know I am not gonna be popular but can't yall budget for drinks. I would never ever take the chance of getting in trouble and missing my cruise. It isn't that important!!! I hope that the cruise lines wise up!!!

uhhh ooohh. be nice everyone

Cause I want to save the money and buy some love herb in jamaica! Just kidding no really i'm kidding! ;):D

I don't smuggle, but I gave up preaching about it. Its just part of the, "I'm ENTITLED, American mentality." Which will HAVE to be replaced by, "I'm RESPONSIBLE." before this country can be great again.

Dan

Cause I want to save the money and buy some love herb in jamaica! Just kidding no really i'm kidding! ;):D

:p i am loving your sense of humor. but riddle me this - who are you "saving money" from?

* carnival is not the one who says that you are limited to a bottle of wine.

* Port Authority is the one who says so.

* PA is not in the business of giving a flying poop about the amount Carnival stands to make or not make on drinks.

* Would you "save money" annually by evading taxes? This may not be an area that is wise to "save money" in. Saving money may mean choosing to not drink. That would save a bundle for whatever herb you seek. ;)

I don't smuggle, but I gave up preaching about it. Its just part of the, "I'm ENTITLED, American mentality." Which will HAVE to be replaced by, "I'm RESPONSIBLE." before this country can be great again.

Dan

LMAO...Lets start with the BANKERS,BROKERS AND CEO'S FIRST...

LMAO...Lets start with the BANKERS,BROKERS AND CEO'S FIRST...

Do some in depth research and you'll find that do-good politicians from both parties changed banking regulations and forced the Bankers, Brokers, and CEO's to make BAD loans or be put out of business OR go to jail. This problem took over 30 years of bad lawmaking to cause today's problems. Once the bankers et al saw that all the regulations were gone and billions were sitting on the table, then they helped themselves. But the clock was ticking years before that.

Dan

Ok I will not smuggle any liquor onboard.

I will not buy any herb in Jamaica.

I will not drink and waste any hard earned money on the cruise.

;)

ROFL i do agree with another poster who has said that carnival, by not enforcing their own rules, helped to create a huge issue with smuggling.

thanks for reminding me i need to pick some up. :D

new rule: there will be no sniffing. sipping on smuggled suds would be better than that!

Archived