Are any of your RCI ships informal and freestyle?

Not really. They have introduced My Time dining lately, but that's just a set time for the same restaurant each night. The dress code still applies. If you want informal on RCL you will be dining in the buffet most of the time.

Not really. They have introduced My Time dining lately, but that's just a set time for the same restaurant each night. The dress code still applies. If you want informal on RCL you will be dining in the buffet most of the time.

Just a word to the wise... My Time Dining is not a fixed time dining. You can eat anytime between 6-9 you are asked to make a time reservation the day before but it is not required. We've used this on the last cruise we took and it worked out perfectly.

Hi,

If you want to be less formal / casual - you will be fine on RCCL all the time except formal night.

You can still be informal on those night(s) but would need to eat at the Windjammer buffet rather in the main dining room so as to fit in.

Try RCCL - I don't think you'll look back.

There are lots of choices for formal night other than the Windjammer especially on a Freedom class ship like the Independence of the Seas. You can grab a snack at the Cafe Promenade, eat pizza at Sorrento's or try one of the two specialty restaurants.

There are lots of choices for formal night other than the Windjammer especially on a Freedom class ship like the Independence of the Seas. You can grab a snack at the Cafe Promenade, eat pizza at Sorrento's or try one of the two specialty restaurants.

I thought the specialty restaurants followed the dress code for the evening. I am mistaken?:confused:

Archived