Celebrity Summit fore vs aft choice

Dluke

We are booked in cabin 8051 forward. Friends in 8151 aft. We could switch to aft 8148, 8167, 8169. Any opinions? Is that too far aft so as to be more motion than the forward cabin? Since 8051 was available earlier is it more desirable than the cabins they have recently released (aft)? Running the length of the ship is not a huge problem for visiting with friends. There are phones and I'm sure we can use the exercise after a few days of cruise food. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Dluke....We were on Summit this past April and had the large "true" aft cabin. It was wonderful! :) The cabins you mention are still on the side of the ship towards the aft.

Cruisechik is correct, there is no difference in your foward cabins vs the back cabins other than location. Thats where personal preference comes in. I personally prefer cabins towards the aft. Usually the ammenities I most often use when cruising are located in the back of the ship, so for me that works nicely. Of course each ship may be laid out differently. I have never stayed in a forward cabin but I have heard there is more movement up front, especially in bad weather and there is more noise. I have also heard the forward balconies have more wind. These things may be true or may not be, I would have to experience it to be sure. I hope this helps! You will enjoy the Summit, it is a great ship!

Archived