Fruit Punch, anyone?

happygull

Baloney.

You can still bring a "reasonable" amount of your own mixers on board, plus rum, tequila, jack, etc all mix very well with lemonade. No way Carnival is gonna fess up, but if they wanted to stop smuggling there are much easier ways to do it -- just like the other lines do.

Not sure why you have a vendetta against smugglers is, but you are wrong on this one IMO.

Absolutely! They could stop it easily if they wanted to.....so far they chosen not to..........

Guess they'll have to now' date=' unless they can adjust their tender taste buds to lemonade and iced tea.

Fully 1/3 of the revenue onboard a ship is made from the bars and lounges. If these figures fall below what is expected, they'll raise the prices....just as they've been doing for the past 20 years....that effects me.

[/quote']

or bring a thermos or two to load up on a days supply of OJ and other fruit juices served at breakfast. ;)

Cruise ships raising prices over the past 20 years? What an absolute crock. Unless you are speaking of raining alcohol prices. If that is the case, then get with the program, grandma, and BYOB. :D

. Most people really upset by it are upset because they dont' have their free mixers anymore. Oh well. Life's never been fair.

how hard is it to bring packets of fruit punch? i buy my alcohol via the bon voyage department. good to know mixers can be brought on.

Sure' date=' people can bring their own mixers.....but, with the free punch onboard, why should they? Those too cheap to buy their booze onboard like most people do are too cheap to provide their own mixers as well....

Guess they'll have to now, unless they can adjust their tender taste buds to lemonade and iced tea.

I have no vendetta against anything. What I do have is contempt for those who will do their own thing, break or ignore any rule to their own satisfaction and purse - especially when it effects me. This applies to anything, not just cruises.

Fully 1/3 of the revenue onboard a ship is made from the bars and lounges. If these figures fall below what is expected, they'll raise the prices....just as they've been doing for the past 20 years....that effects me.

I also dislike shoplifters, unattended brats running rampant, drunks who are obnoxious and disruptive and a host of other behaviors onboard a ship by the morons who should have stayed home and gone camping.

Most people adhere to the rules of our society...and to the rules on a ship.... It's called courtesy, manners, social grace and being cognizant that the world doesn't revolve around them and what they might want at any given moment.[/quote']

i am all for courtesy, but disagree that obnoxious tards need to be sent camping. that would mess up another love of ours. take it back! :p

i do not get the concept of booze smuggling. i think most of the fun for these people is the thrill of proving that nobody is going to tell them what not to do; kinda like a kid who has not grown up. my husband is like that. he started talking of smuggling booze, and i called the bon voyage department and ordered more than he can physically drink. that combined with the expectation that he will carry a champagne for me, and leave all but the mixers home put him in check. i think i even used the words "grow up". he is 16 years my senior. ;)

Yep.......you don't get it;)

LOL echo...echo...echo....

i do not want to be rude. i am not going to be mischevious and ruin your ill-gotten suds. i just observed that smuggling to show up authority is kinda silly. if you can afford a cruise and the trips, the suds are not going to break ya.

i got over the need to defy authority when i was young. mom said not to mess with the electric socket. i just had to show her up. it really backfired on me. :D

she also warned me about the stove as a secondary lesson. i earned a strike two. i am not going to go looking for strike three. :o

I have posed this question once again to John Heald on his blog. He had replied last year that they were switching vendors but then we still did not see the fruit punch. When I asked him on the Blogger's cruise, he said he thought I was referring to what was being served in the bars and he would again check into it. I know he is busy with the baby on the way and it probably has slipped his mind. I guess we shall see in a few days when he replies.

Dave

Thanks for checking on this. I know I will really miss the fruit punch. I am not much for lemonade or tea.

LOL echo...echo...echo....

i do not want to be rude. i am not going to be mischevious and ruin your ill-gotten suds. i just observed that smuggling to show up authority is kinda silly. if you can afford a cruise and the trips, the suds are not going to break ya.

i got over the need to defy authority when i was young. mom said not to mess with the electric socket. i just had to show her up. it really backfired on me. :D

she also warned me about the stove as a secondary lesson. i earned a strike two. i am not going to go looking for strike three. :o

You can't ruin anything anyone chooses to do. And my observation was agreeing with your post.......that you don't get it;)

And yes I find your comment rude;)

sigh.........this is ridiculous.

gonna have to agree with you on that one. Its amazing how stating that they no longer serve fruit punch has turned into discussion on smugglers and the "bad" people that cruise with Carnival..:rolleyes:

You can't ruin anything anyone chooses to do. And my observation was agreeing with your post.......that you don't get it;)

And yes I find your comment rude;)

if you are going to be snappish and bold-shout words, then allow me to observe that you may feel as put-upon by the comment as you wish to feel. elenor roosevelt has something to say regarding that concept. nor will snappish bolded words on your part change the fact that smuggling for smuggling's sake is childish. at no point did i demonstrate any inclination to stop you, nor are you likely to encourage that response.

said another way, "go on with your bad self"

no - but the water has undergone extensive purification. many people bring a bottle or two and refill from their rooms.

Great, thanks! I tend to drink less water than normal on vacation, but if I know I can get decent drinking water, then I should be fine! :D

if you are going to be snappish and bold-shout words, then allow me to observe that you may feel as put-upon by the comment as you wish to feel. elenor roosevelt has something to say regarding that concept. nor will snappish bolded words on your part change the fact that smuggling for smuggling's sake is childish. at no point did i demonstrate any inclination to stop you, nor are you likely to encourage that response.

said another way, "go on with your bad self"

THIS is shouting.......this is so you don't get lost in the point of the post:D But alas it didn't work......ignorance is bliss I hear...........

Back on topic now.......sorry op.......

Out of the 15 Carnival ships we've been on, only one had water that didn't taste right. I almost always drink water. I liked the fruit punch and was sorry to see if go. I guess I just figured it was a cost cutting measure. We didn't try the hot chocolate machines, but they did still exist so they haven't done away with that yet. We didn't make it up to the lido deck for breakfast so I don't know if there was anything other than orange juice. I didn't see them changing it over late at night as I had in the past either. Perhaps because of all the kids still up and about. They do still serve the non-alcoholic fruit punch at the different receptions.

THIS is shouting.......this is so you don't get lost in the point of the post:D But alas it didn't work......ignorance is bliss I hear...........

Back on topic now.......sorry op.......

oh for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

Is bottled water 'complimentary' onboard? Thanks! :)

It is around $3 for the smaller bottled water onboard. At dinner, they will ask you if you prefer bottled water. There will be two bottles in your cabin. If the room steward sees that you have used one, it gets charged to your room account.

Also on port days, there will be a waiter selling bottled water because of the scare they put out about the water on shore. Most of the water in the restaurants is filtered in the tourist areas. What most people blame on the water or food is usually because we are trying foods/seasonings that we are not used to.

Dave

Archived