Just off Freedom...W. Caribbean 4/5-4/11

jbroons

Until I get at least twenty responses now I will not finish this review, savvy?!

Can I hear a call-out for Freedom! Is there anybody out there?....Can I hear a shout-out for Freedom...Can you hear me people??!! Ask not what your ship can do for you....Ask what you can do for your ship!!

I have counted 29 since this post. yours count too.

paitiently waiting w/ crawfish breath :eek::eek::eek:

Waving at newbieMom!!! Go to the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet and sign up for the sail away CC M&G party. Then we'll be able to meet up. I'll be with my hubby, Paul. Can't wait!:) It's my "last hurrah" before starting a new job in mid-May.

No kiddos will be with us on this cruise, but we might take them in a few months. We have 3 twenty-somethings!

Kelly & Annie ~ WooHoo! We're on the same cruise:) I get a little dizzy when I think how close it's getting. DH & I cruised for our honeymoon 17 years ago, but not since. I'm packing already;) So, who are you both traveling with? Husbands, friends, boyfriends, kids????

I typically don't get too excited about vacation until about a week before we leave, but your review of the Freedom has me planning out each day. THANK YOU :Dfor taking your time to give such wonderful and helpful information, with just the right sense of humor! Your DD's must have had a ball!!!! I'll bet they will want to go back soon.

When we took our 3 DD's on a cruise we had so much fun. We had adjoining cabins ;) They are still talking about all the things we did and all the crazy shopping we let them do in St. Thomas (we were celebrating 3 graduations!!!)

Day 6 April 10th 2009 Final Day Of Our Caribbean Adventure

We awoke to the awesome open sea....slept with the balcony door wide open and the sound of Freedom slipping & splashing through the ocean was hypnotic & peaceful all through the night....Nice.

We made our way to Lido....we always took the stairs, just two decks up...very quick.....for the breakfast buffet. We again, I know that it's now repititious, had omellettes, sausage, bacon (crispy), bagels with cream cheese, hot hard-boiled eggs, fruit, coffee, juice & water.....again great.....Oh, and tabasco;).

The girls were panicking that they weren't yet tan enough so Shannon immediately went to scout a lounge chair....found hers in her favorite place....aft by the running track. She said that, up there, she loved the quiet and the constant breeze (I have to admit that she was totally correct about the breeze thing)!! This is one of my favorite parts of the cruise...I found Kyra a lone lounge chair next to three "saved" chairs. I went to the Internet Cafe to handle a few things for 35 minutes, found my way back to Kyra and saw that those "saved" chairs were still, well, "saved". Yay for CC at this point....I took the towels, book and flip flop (not two but one) tossed them aside and nestled in for some sunny sunshine....and Sade & Stevie Ray Vaughan on my iPod...oh, and a DOD;). After a way too short 15 minutes, Kyra and I were then compelled to join Shan aft & up by the track...plenty of lounges there this day and just above the adult pool/bar....very nice and relaxing!!

Taking a break from this post....just want to create more anticipation and frustration;)....making the girls dessert. Be back soon for the happy finish...

I've been to GC a couple of times-beautiful place! But haven't been to KW or OR.

The BBC sounds great in Ocho, we may do that. This time around it's just DH & me, and he is having some problems with his foot, so I think we will skip DRF. That climb sounds like it might be a little tough with a foot problem.

In KW, we'll probably do the Old Town Trolley, just to see everything. And then hit some of the bars and stumble back to the ship.:p Which bar was it that you said had web cams? I'd better avoid that one!;)

That was Hog's Breath Saloon...you should go there...I think you would really enjoy the "Breath of Death"!:D

here here... tick tock... the sun has set... putting in yet another post to get you up to the required 20 replies before you'll tell of your last day on board....

I may have to read it in the morning...

Ohh...Maine..the sun has set and the rumbling of the ocean waves creates a placid, romantic atmosphere...lucky you;)...read on!

totally wonderful post, I board her this sunday, When did they have baked Alaska, I am sure that would be wonderful!!! Any more info would be great

Oh, yet another Red Sox fan;)...Baked Alaska was, I believe, on Wednesday or Thursday....I am doing this all by memory so...:D

I typically don't get too excited about vacation until about a week before we leave, but your review of the Freedom has me planning out each day. THANK YOU :Dfor taking your time to give such wonderful and helpful information, with just the right sense of humor! Your DD's must have had a ball!!!! I'll bet they will want to go back soon.

When we took our 3 DD's on a cruise we had so much fun. We had adjoining cabins ;) They are still talking about all the things we did and all the crazy shopping we let them do in St. Thomas (we were celebrating 3 graduations!!!)

Thank you Annie...you will love Freedom. My girls did have a great time and we all want more.....so I shall give us more!!;)

Have a fantastic cruise....and tell us how it went!

Day 6 April 10th 2009 Final Day Of Our Caribbean Adventure

We awoke to the awesome open sea....slept with the balcony door wide open and the sound of Freedom slipping & splashing through the ocean was hypnotic & peaceful all through the night....Nice.

We made our way to Lido....we always took the stairs, just two decks up...very quick.....for the breakfast buffet. We again, I know that it's now repititious, had omellettes, sausage, bacon (crispy), bagels with cream cheese, hot hard-boiled eggs, fruit, coffee, juice & water.....again great.....Oh, and tabasco;).

The girls were panicking that they weren't yet tan enough so Shannon immediately went to scout a lounge chair....found hers in her favorite place....aft by the running track. She said that, up there, she loved the quiet and the constant breeze (I have to admit that she was totally correct about the breeze thing)!! This is one of my favorite parts of the cruise...I found Kyra a lone lounge chair next to three "saved" chairs. I went to the Internet Cafe to handle a few things for 35 minutes, found my way back to Kyra and saw that those "saved" chairs were still, well, "saved". Yay for CC at this point....I took the towels, book and flip flop (not two but one) tossed them aside and nestled in for some sunny sunshine....and Sade & Stevie Ray Vaughan on my iPod...oh, and a DOD;). After a way too short 15 minutes, Kyra and I were then compelled to join Shan aft & up by the track...plenty of lounges there this day and just above the adult pool/bar....very nice and relaxing!!

Taking a break from this post....just want to create more anticipation and frustration;)....making the girls dessert. Be back soon for the happy finish...

I think that I must have slept as the next hour is quite foggy;) but I do recall being very happy. Have you guys seen Mel Gibson's "Braveheart"..... FREEDOM!!!

I think that I must have slept as the next hour is quite foggy;) but I do recall being very happy. Have you guys seen Mel Gibson'e "Braveheart"..... FREEDOM!!!

I was going to link to the You Tube clip of the "Freedom" speech when you were requesting shout outs for the Freeedom. I had it stuck in my head forever after that. You know you are keeping me prisoner to my PC? Is that nice? No, I don't think so :mad:

NOW TYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am a very gentle, non-bossy girl in real life. Really!

I was going to link to the You Tube clip of the "Freedom" speech when you were requesting shout outs for the Freeedom. I had it stuck in my head forever after that. You know you are keeping me prisoner to my PC? Is that nice? No, I don't think so :mad:

Cuute! You did see my last installment, right??!! You are insatiable!

OK...here is the rest of our last night....

I think that I must have slept as the next hour is quite foggy;) but I do recall being very happy. Have you guys seen Mel Gibson's "Braveheart"..... FREEDOM!!!

OK, we showered, me in the SPA, and got ready for our last night in Freedom's MDR...Chic. We had chateau briand (me...awesome), tiger shrimp, I believe lobster bisque, caesar salads, a really good grey goose martini straight-up with olives;), rigatoni with parm., some other steak for Shannon (told you that I was tired) with fries all around...and, yes, warm melting chocolate cake....ummmm! Every night in Chic was incredible....I gave Manuel the Maitre' d his gratuity in the secured envelope;) as well as our waiter and his assistant Jose....they really did a fantastic job over the entire cruise experience. (I miss Freedom).

We then went and saw the comedy/hypnosis of PUCK in the aforementioned beautiful Victoriana Lounge. He was incredible...brought 12 - 14 people from the audience on stage and had his way with them. Another great Carnival show....so good. And, check this out, Shannon & Kyra liked it so much that they went back to the 10:30 performance.....and I joined them (after a little gambling and a couple of

rum cocktails;)). We didn't want to go to sleep....as it would indicate a possible "end" to our affair with Freedom....but, alas, we did. Balcony door WIDE open....more room service (you know what we had:D by now) and, reluctantly, sleep...ummm.

Tomorrow.....Breakfast & VIP (hehe...remember what I told you earlier about baggage express) disembarkment!! Sleep well CCers!!

I believe at this stage you can call me "John".....OK gentle, non-bossy girl?!:p

John

Thank you John ;) Was that so hard? Now that I've had my fix I can go to sleep:)

I'm feeling a little sad that it's coming to an end.

Oh wait.....

I'll be on freedom in 17 days! WooHoo!

May I come with? Did you enjoy my last installment? Don't fret...Some more tomorrow....sleep well.;)

Such a tease! JBroons, we'll find a way to stuff you in our suitcases, how's that?

NewbieMom and others:

Join the Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=833290

Just post your screenname and the nice guy who started the post will add you to the list. We're having a "Sail Away" Meet & Greet drink away!:)

Such a tease! JBroons, we'll find a way to stuff you in our suitcases, how's that?

NewbieMom and others:

Join the Roll Call here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=833290

Just post your screenname and the nice guy who started the post will add you to the list. We're having a "Sail Away" Meet & Greet drink away!:)

You LOVE it Annie!......and thanks, I'll just wrap a Carnival luggage tag around my neck, hoist myself onto other baggage at the airport and hope for the best...see you there;). Have a drink on me!!

Archived