Looks to be Official.... Cuba!

maxamuus

Looks like its a done deal. Any gueses on how long till Carnival changes cruises to stop at the island of Cuba?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090413/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_cuba

Don't get all excited, Max:

"President Barack Obama is allowing Americans to make unlimited trips and money transfers to family in Cuba and easing other restrictions Monday to usher in a new era of openness toward the island nation ruled by communists for 50 years."

So unless Carnival is chartering out a boat to a group who all have family living in Cuba, you're gonna have to wait a little while yet.

Looks like its a done deal. Any gueses on how long till Carnival changes cruises to stop at the island of Cuba?

Six Months, but I have a Question...Do you really want to give your $$$ to the current Cuban Government and Political system? Don't flame, just answer the question.

Six Months, but I have a Question...Do you really want to give your $$$ to the current Cuban Government and Political system? Don't flame, just answer the question.

I've visited Cuba (and many other countries), that's not a concern to me.

No flame but....

How much money do we give China every year? Whats the differnce between the two?

I would probably go to Cuba if available. I don't agree with their politics but nor do I agree 100% with the politics here either (or anywhere else). If we open up with them, just maybe they will open too and their will be a little less oppression and strain on the people their

I could be mistaken but I think that this move only applies to Cuban Americans with family in Cuba, not the citizenry in general.

Now, had it been open to the general populace it would still take at least six months to react to the availability of Cuba as a port... Logistics for an influx of ships with 3000+ passengers would have to be made, tours and tour operators would have to be developed and evaluated, contracts would need to be entered into, blah, blah, blah...

:rolleyes:

No flame but....

How much money do we give China every year? Whats the differnce between the two?

I know I don't give them any if I can help it or knowingly and I don't give my Vacation Dollars to either, but then that's just me. I'm not saying anyone else shouldn't spend their money however they choose. Like I said just a question to ponder. I'm thinking of maybe Vacationing in North Korea, anyone want to join me?

I know I don't give them any if I can help it or knowingly and I don't give my Vacation Dollars to either, but then that's just me. I'm not saying anyone else shouldn't spend their money however they choose. Like I said just a question to ponder. I'm thinking of maybe Vacationing in North Korea, anyone want to join me?

I'm in! I hear they have a new "space center" we could check out!

I could be mistaken but I think that this move only applies to Cuban Americans with family in Cuba, not the citizenry in general.

Now, had it been open to the general populace it would still take at least six months to react to the availability of Cuba as a port... Logistics for an influx of ships with 3000+ passengers would have to be made, tours and tour operators would have to be developed and evaluated, contracts would need to be entered into, blah, blah, blah...

:rolleyes:

Hey Mach, any idea if they have a deep water port capable of handling a Dream-sized ship?

Not anytime soon. Remember, we're still fighting those wretched godless pinko red Cuban commies, after all.

Not the wretched godless pinko red Chinese commies, mind you, just the Cuban variety. After all, those wretched godless pinko red Chinese commies don't repress their people, right? Just the Cuban commies.

After all, Cuba doesn't hold $2 trillion worth of American debt like our Chinese overlords. And supply 99% of just about everything we consume or wear.

So let's keep up the struggle against those wretched godless pinko red Cuban commies!

Not anytime soon. Remember, we're still fighting those wretched godless pinko red Cuban commies, after all.

Not the wretched godless pinko red Chinese commies, mind you, just the Cuban variety. After all, those wretched godless pinko red Chinese commies don't repress their people, right? Just the Cuban commies.

After all, Cuba doesn't hold $2 trillion worth of American debt like our Chinese overlords. And supply 99% of just about everything we consume or wear.

So let's keep up the struggle against those wretched godless pinko red Cuban commies!

Aren't we being just a bit extreme? It was just a question, you added the filler to meet your own agenda.

I don't want to give $$$ to any government including the US. I especially don't want to support a party that lost touch with what America is about and wants (Hint - they lost the last election).

Traveling to Cuba will put the majority of money spent in the hands of the people, not the government.

I would think the US auto industry, ruined by unions and mis-management, would be delighted to supply parts to the junker cars.

We sell rice to China and Russia, why not Cuba? Hell, we even have diplomatic connections to the Taliban.

China is now developing Cuba's offshore oil fields because US companies, 90 miles away, were prohibited from doing so. Where do you think the Chinese got the technology from?

The US only does business with communist and oppressive countries that are capable of challenging the US. Cuba is no threat to the US.

FYI, The unemployment rate in Cuba is 1.8%.

Why not?

2 reasons ....

1. They never made good on their promise to repay Americans for lands taken during their Revolution.

2. They tried to put a strategic nuclear missile firing platform 90 miles off of our coast.

I don't want to give $$$ to any government including the US. I especially don't want to support a party that lost touch with what America is about and wants (Hint - they lost the last election).

Traveling to Cuba will put the majority of money spent in the hands of the people, not the government.

I would think the US auto industry, ruined by unions and mis-management, would be delighted to supply parts to the junker cars.

We sell rice to China and Russia, why not Cuba? Hell, we even have diplomatic connections to the Taliban.

China is now developing Cuba's offshore oil fields because US companies, 90 miles away, were prohibited from doing so. Where do you think the Chinese got the technology from?

The US only does business with communist and oppressive countries that are capable of challenging the US. Cuba is no threat to the US.

FYI, The unemployment rate in Cuba is 1.8%.

Oops, didn't mean to set off a political debate. This could get ugly, so just let me say this without resorting to a whole bunch of name calling, Cuba (right now) is not for me. If things change then maybe I might look at it differently. Others may feel differently and that's fine with me. Different strokes for different folks...no pun intended. ;)

Even if travel restrictions are lifted. It will take years to rebuild the tourist sites.

Yes this is true..........I think more than that....you can find a lot of poor people but not happy on my visit they told me what is the REAL Cuba.

Archived