Looks to be Official.... Cuba!

maxamuus

You do know that it is illegal for an American to do what you describe? Yes Americans do it, yes many of them buy Cuban cigars when travelling but it is still illegal.

I am absolutely shocked that no one has mentioned that some Americans will have rights that others do not have. Where is the equality in this?

Americans have been buying Cuban cigars for a long time. It was relatively recently that Americans buying Cuban cigars anywhere in the world became "illegal". It was because of a new interpretation of the "embargo" by King George W that made it so.

As if that would make an ineffective embargo somehow work? Many US Presidents have come and gone. Castro endures and has survived them all.

------

I guess some people don't think civil rights are a subset of human rights. I don't have a problem with convicted felons, but right wing extremists? I dunno.

I heard a saying long ago...if we fail to LEARN from history it will repeat itself. Too many people no longer understand the sacrifices made for us to live in this wonderful country where - to name just one thing - we have freedom of speech. Our country may not be everything we'd like it to be, but it's a heck of a lot better than any place else. (No disrespect intended for those of you from places other than the USA.)

Cuba is too close for me. I don't trust F. Castro or his brother. I'll pass on any trips there until I see/hear the country is being run differently.

rh3 Thanks for the laugh!

I still recall the poster on my civics class wall - that one said "Those who FORGET the past are doomed to repeat" I agree with that.

what it failed to say was, If you LIVE in the past, the PRESENT and FUTURE will pass you by.

I don't recall anything in the Constitution about a Cuban Embargo. Please explain.

Do you even know or understand the process that bills become law in our country? The speed limit is also not in the Constitution. Try using your "its not in there" arguement in any court.

If you would like i can post the entire text of the Constitution for you. It would seem this founding document of our Republic is lost upon you.

Come on moderators.

This thread, which was based on an inaccurate Original Post has gone far enough astray.

Lock it or make it go away !

Not only has it been hijacked, but it's been flown to Russia, China, and a few other places I can't recall.

At least now we can get communist censorship first hand.... Thanks :rolleyes:

If you dont like it dont read it....

At least now we can get communist censorship first hand.... Thanks :rolleyes:

If you dont like it dont read it....

Has nothing to do with if I don't like it. It's degenerated into a mud slinging thread, just the the other one. What value is there to this board ??

Didn't you start this with an inaccurate post anyway ??

Has nothing to do with if I don't like it. It's degenerated into a mud slinging thread, just the the other one. What value is there to this board ??

Yes mother.... shall i go to bed without supper? Care to read back were i read the article and missed two words in it?

I must have missed the press release that made you in charge of CC. Quit being a anwry ole cuss. If you dont like a post move on we dont need you correcting everyone.

Yes mother.... shall i go to bed without supper? Care to read back were i read the article and missed two words in it?

I must have missed the press release that made you in charge of CC. Quit being a anwry ole cuss. If you dont like a post move on we dont need you correcting everyone.

I am just expressing a suggestion based on the guidelines for CC. That's all.

I won't resort to personal attacks like you have been posting all night on several threads.

Enjoy your cruises.

Yeah the Treasure Department and the IRS should lead the hunt for Osama.... :rolleyes:

Hey, we could put Bob the "Accountant" on point. Sherrie the "File Clerk" could fly the air support and Jim the "Revenue Officer" work as Ground Commander. Go get 'em guys. Oh Yeah, who were we looking for again, a Tax Evader? ;)

Do you even know or understand the process that bills become law in our country? The speed limit is also not in the Constitution. Try using your "its not in there" arguement in any court.

If you would like i can post the entire text of the Constitution for you. It would seem this founding document of our Republic is lost upon you.

Yes, I do. I also understand state rights.

There isn't a federal speed limit.

Try again, please.

The original post was indeed inaccurate.

What is the pulsing nasty negative screaming face in your siggy all about. It's annoying and should immediately be sent to Guantanamo....and water boarded as well!!;)

I think rational people consider denying food and medicine to a country in need a human rights violation.

The embargo is a joke. The UN for years and years has voted that it should end. Historically, I think the only countries opposing are the US, Israel (surprise) and the Marshall Islands (surprise). Sometimes one more or so.

Who cares what the U.N. thinks? And what's your problem with Israel?

Who cares what the U.N. thinks? And what's your problem with Israel?

I have no problem with Israel. It is no surprise that the US and Israel vote together and out of sync with the rest of the world. The Marshall Islands were for decades under US administration.

There are only a few billion people on the planet not represented by US, Israel, and the Marshall Islands.

This has what to do with the end of the Cuban embargo is coming and the beginning of some serious cruising to Cuba with it?

Yes, I do. I also understand state rights.

There isn't a federal speed limit.

Try again, please.

The Federal government just says if you don't follow our rules you don't get funding. So if you want an 85 mph speed limit you get no federal funds for highways.

The Federal government just says if you don't follow our rules you don't get funding. So if you want an 85 mph speed limit you get no federal funds for highways.

This has what to do with Cuba cruises?

{So you lower the limits and then don't enforce it}

C'mon, guys...

In deference to the OP I think he reacted to the way the news portrayed it rather than the text of the release... EXACTLY as the way the media sculpts these things...

I think it's perfectly fair to point out the facts of the situation but rubbing it in the OPs nose isn't gonna help at all.

The post was well intentioned and meant to stir discussion about Carnival using Cuba as a port of call...

Thanks...

:)

Why not?

2 reasons ....

1. They never made good on their promise to repay Americans for lands taken during their Revolution.

2. They tried to put a strategic nuclear missile firing platform 90 miles off of our coast.

Yes. How dare they act like a sovereign country!

C'mon, guys...

In deference to the OP I think he reacted to the way the news portrayed it rather than the text of the release... EXACTLY as the way the media sculpts these things...

I think it's perfectly fair to point out the facts of the situation but rubbing it in the OPs nose isn't gonna help at all.

The post was well intentioned and meant to stir discussion about Carnival using Cuba as a port of call...

Thanks...

:)

WOW, I make a suggestion that maybe this thread has gotten WAY off track (which it certainly has) and has nothing to due with cruising any longer (a thought shared by other recent posters as well), another poster (just happens to be the same poster who misread the article) replies with this...

and I get scolded ???? All I can say is WOW !

What is the pulsing nasty negative screaming face in your siggy all about. It's annoying and should immediately be sent to Guantanamo....and water boarded as well!!

Meant to be amusing. I don't see the nasty negative screaming, but if it's annoying, it can go.... ??

Archived