BARRIER REEF SNORKEL AT TURNEFFE WITH BEACH BREAK - Is it Good?

sailor44

How is the tour BARRIER REEF SNORKEL AT TURNEFFE WITH BEACH BREAK offered through Carnival?

A few questions for any that have done this tour:

• Are there strong currents? Would a weak snorkeler/swimmer have difficulty?
  • I'm think that the catamaran will be very crowded - is it crowded in the water?
  • How is the snorkeling?
  • How long do you have to snorkel?
  • How long do you have at the beach break?

Thanks!

I have the same questions.....also would like to know how deep the water is when snorkeling off of the boat.....we enjoy taking underwater photos and they always come out so much better if the water is shallow......any info will be most appreciated.

I have the same questions.....also would like to know how deep the water is when snorkeling off of the boat.....we enjoy taking underwater photos and they always come out so much better if the water is shallow......any info will be most appreciated.

We took this trip in March:

Did NOT feel crowded on the big catamaran - there were a lot of people on there, but plenty of room and plenty of crew members to keep track of it all - VERy well run trip

Snorkeling was great - best we've ever done - not crowdedin the water - it was a guided tour, but they were very good about letting everyone go where they wanted to for the most part. the current was strong getting out to the reef, but once there - very easy snorkelling. my mil gave up and was sorry she did, when she found out it got much easier. there were lots of people taking pics - the water was not terrible deep - some places very shallow, and there was an abundance of fish to be seen - a large variety, and even some rays. we liked it so much, we're doing the same excursion when we go again in May (this time with my son)

• 2 months later...

Can anyone give some information on the beach. We did this on NCL a number of years ago and the beach was this small island in the middle of the water and it was fantastic. Is this the same beach with carnival? Any more insite would be great.

• 8 months later...
We took this trip in March:

Did NOT feel crowded on the big catamaran - there were a lot of people on there, but plenty of room and plenty of crew members to keep track of it all - VERy well run trip

Snorkeling was great - best we've ever done - not crowdedin the water - it was a guided tour, but they were very good about letting everyone go where they wanted to for the most part. the current was strong getting out to the reef, but once there - very easy snorkelling. my mil gave up and was sorry she did, when she found out it got much easier. there were lots of people taking pics - the water was not terrible deep - some places very shallow, and there was an abundance of fish to be seen - a large variety, and even some rays. we liked it so much, we're doing the same excursion when we go again in May (this time with my son)

Thank you for your informatin!

Can you tell me if this excursion departs directly from the Ship? Or do you tender in to port in Belize and meet the tour boat at the pier?

Thanks agian!

Can anyone give some information on the beach. We did this on NCL a number of years ago and the beach was this small island in the middle of the water and it was fantastic. Is this the same beach with carnival? Any more insite would be great.

I think you're talking about Bannister Island. We're headed there next month with Coral Breezes.

Archived