Inexpensive fun with kids in Cozumel

falconmom

Hi,

Our family is going to Cozumel in June. We are looking for fun but without spending huge amounts of money. We assume the beaches are a great place for this, but our ship only offers two beach excursions - one for $30 p/p that only includes drinks, and one for $40 p/p that is all inclusive both are to Playa Mia. I just can't help but think going to the beach should cost less than $120 for a family of 4.

We have a 4 year old and 12 year old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Get a cab and go to Paradise Beach. It's free to go there and basically you pay as you go for food and stuff. They have water toys for the older child and it's a good all around family beach.

DON'T BOOK A TOUR FOR THE BEACHES on the ship, waste of money. Cab should cost $20 or so depending on where you dock and then whatever you eat and drink. There are many beaches but when I was in Coz last week this is what was recommended to me for the type of day you're looking for. We did the Dolphins at Chankanabb but that's a whole different level of costs!

I also vote for Paradise Beach. The wristbands are only $10.00 to play on the water toys. (You don't have to get the wristband if you aren't going to use them. We usually just pay for our son.) The food there is very good and the restrooms are very clean.

I also vote for Paradise Beach. It is a great place for families. They can be as active as they want or just play in the sand The food is good and the service is fantastic. Best of all there are really clean restrooms.

Paradise Beach is awesome, but I don't know how much there would be for a 4 year old to do (depending on how strong of a swimmer s/he is...the water toys and such are geared for older kids/adults). We went there last time on our "adults only" cruise, and this time are bringing the kids and chose Chankanaab. Snorkeling, playground on the beach, animals to watch, fresh water pool, small replicas of the ruins, etc.

We are going to Nachi Cocom Beach,(all inclusive) $49 for hubby and I, $29 for our 14y/o and $12 for our 7 year old. Hubby and I went in Feb and absolutely loved it. Beautiful clean beach, not crowded, wonderful food, drinks and fun. They also have a pool and hot tub, which my 7 year old will love as well as playing on the beach. Hubby loved the hammocks!! The pina coladas and margaritas weren't bad either.:p

No matter what you do I am sure that ya'll will love it.

We went to Paradise Beach last week. Had a blast. Son got $10 wristband. We got buckets of beer $? LOL. Food was good. Cab ride from Punta Langosta Pier $15 each way. We walked to the Carlos and Charlies beach next club down and found a snorkel boat to take us out to 2 different reefs. Alberto and Carlos took us out for $30 each. Carlos was in the water with us the whole time and pointed out many things. They had the gear available for use as well. No extra charge. My son had a blast on the water toys. Saw many of his friends from the ship. It was a great day! :D

Archived