Evening in Victoria, BC

flamomo

Our September cruise has us in port in Victoria from 5 PM till Midnight.

I'm wondering if there is anything near the pier - - ie. souvenir shops, little restaurants for a snack.

We've booked an excursion for there so we can try to see a little bit before it gets dark.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

There is one little gift shop at the dock, I don't remember about any food. There was also a street fair with booths and people selling handmade goods, there was food there also. Or you can pay to ride the shuttle to the inner harbor area if you have time to look around and shop.

Contrary to what flames9 said, there is a fabulous coffee shop very close to the pier. Can't remember what it's called but its at the end of the breakwater, just a short walk across the parking lot from the ships. You can get soup, sandwiches, etc.

True there is that 1 shop, on the breakwater,lol Beautiful walking around Dallas Road (to your RIGHT) along the water. The downtown area is more to your left. Right in front of the Empress hotel is where a lot of the buskers perform and they can be very entertaining and right around that area is where a lot of the little "tourist" shops are and many museums. but hey, if ya just want coffee and a light lunch, just hang out at that small cafe.

As well there is a great ice cream (hamburgers, fries, hot dogs) along Dallas rd as well.I would figure it to be a 15-20 min walk from the cruise ship. its called Beacon Drive in and located at 126 Douglas St.. There is a small petting zoo has well, at Beacon Hill park. http://www.beaconhillpark.ca/ looking at the map http://www.beaconhillpark.ca/beacon_hill_park_location.htm, the cruise ship terminal is to the left, and its off the map ( you can see NIAGARA street--near bottom left of screen--- following that to the left, should be right where the terminal is. Beautiful walkways along Dallas rd,lots of walkers, runners. Have a fun trip to Victoria, I miss it.

Archived