Documents Printing---HELP NEEDED!!

BamaCruiser20

OK....I have been unable to access My Documents ever since I got a new computer.....HELP!!

I have downloaded the Adobe PDF Reader linked to the Carnival site. I have turned off my Pop-Up Blocker, turned off my Firewall...and I am using Explorer. All I get is the page that has the ship sailing in the center and says "Creating Document". What else can I try????:confused:

OK....I have been unable to access My Documents ever since I got a new computer.....HELP!!

I have downloaded the Adobe PDF Reader linked to the Carnival site. I have turned off my Pop-Up Blocker, turned off my Firewall...and I am using Explorer. All I get is the page that has the ship sailing in the center and says "Creating Document". What else can I try????:confused:

I would make sure your settings are such that they allow 3rd party cookies or at least get prompted for them. sometimes that will hold up the process.

Also, I have heard that if you are using Firefox to access them, you may not be able to see certain pages, docs, etc. without making changines to the settings. Try Inetrnet Explorer and then Firefox and see if you see a difference between the two.

Sometimes my printer won't allow me to print from PDF's due to the size. So, what you do is save it to your desktop and then print it from that file. Works for me! I guess my printer can't hold the amount of data it takes to print certain PDF's.

Well you have everything correct so far, the Adobe Reader, Internet Explore as your browser, Pop-blocker off, Firewall off.

Do you have some type of Virus software running like Norton or McAfee? of so try to disable those for now and try again. I am assuming this new computer is home and not at work?

Fred

I am guessing that you have tried repeatedly to get your documents.

If that is the case and you don't figure out what's wrong, you could always ask a relative or friend to log in as you and access your documents and they could email the pdf file to you. This would also confirm that it's your computer and not something "wrong" with your documents that keeps them from generating.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up printing my docs at work today. But, will keep trying to figure it out b/c I would much rather be able to open the docs at home and save them.

I am thinking the suggestions for third party cookies or just completely disabling my virius protection may be what I need to do.....when I get it figured out, I'll be sure to post what actually worked just in case someone else has this problem.

you need to clear the browser cache so that the computer loads a new page when you log into the site instead of repeatedly trying to load the same page where it is presently stuck: access tools within Explorer and clear the cache and browsing history, close the browser and then reaccess the site.

Also, you can safely clean up this kind of problem using CrapCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com).

Archived