Elation vs. Paradise? How do they compare?

wendic

As you probably know, the Elation and Paradise are sister ships. The Elation just went through dry dock, so it has the most recent "face lift." Other than where each vessel travels, the only major difference would be the crews and how they treat their customers. I do not recall hearing any overly negative things about either ship. We were on the Elation in Nov 08, prior to the dry dock and had a great time. She is a well maintained ship and has a great crew.

Was on the Paradise in Jan and Feb and the Elation in Dec and March.

Sister ships, both recently out of drydock. Both have the same features.

Both crews friendly. Food on all four cruises has been up and down.

Main difference is that you enter the Paradise on deck seven at the bottom of the Atrium. The Elation is entered on deck 3 or 4.

Parking in LB is $12 at the port and no outside parking nearby (that I know of). I found parking in SD for $7 with a coupon. Do a search for SD Airport/Cruise parking coupons. There are about three lots that advertise. Real easy. Parking across the pier at SD is $15.

I have not been dissappointed with either ship.

I can't say anything about the Paradise, but I just got back from the Splendor, and I had previously been on the Elation. I like the Elation better. Yep. Older, smaller, but the atmosphere, the crew, the PARTY, the size and navigation, etc. I prefer the Elation.

Did they remove the indoor jacuzzi adjacent to the gymnasium on Elation? I loved it when I sailed Elation in 2000 and when I sailed Paradise in 2004. Then I sailed Paradise again in 2007 and it was gone. I was really disappointed.

I've sailed both ships and thought they were pretty equal as far as food service, staff and service.

I prefer the Elation because I live in San Diego and I liked not having to mess with transportation. I also liked the Cabo stop. They had stopped it, but now added it back. I've been to Catalilina and Esenada a lot so they just don't appeal to me as much as Cabo.

You will be happy on either cruise.

Happy Cruising,

Nancy

Archived