jeans in dinning room during BREAKFAST ???

raysue

According to the official X policy jeans are never to be allowed in the dining room at anytime. (enforcement is a different issue) The facts are the facts. How people make decisions concerning etiquette is a personal choice. Emily post made a handsome living advising others along these topics. There is a new 2004 version and is updated for cruising. Perhaps some might be advised to pick up a copy at Sams club. (yes that was a shot) :) Just kidding folks-pull in the talons. I shop there too.

You are right...I was out of line.

I give up...I have fought the fight but I am beaten...jeans, cell phones, beer by the bucket, smuggled booze, abandoned dress codes....do what you want, wear what you want, drink what you want...I was wrong to think cruising was worth keeping special...if only you people could have experienced cruising when it was indeed a unique experience you might understand why I am as passionate about it as I am...you can't miss what you never had.

Danno, sounds as if you need a good dose of Crystal, Radisson, or the other topflight lines. There, are few if any dissenters there. I agree.

I was trying to rember from the Mecury last year if people were not supposed to wear jeans in the Manhattan (Main Dinning) Room at any time. So I pulled out my saved "Mercury Daily" becaus I thought it said something about this.

Sure enough it said "Dress Code in our Manhattan Restaurant: Jeans, Bathing suits, beachrobes, tan tops or bare feet are not permitted in the Manhattan Restaurant at anytime. Shorts are not permitted for dinner.

This was a warm weather cruise and so they allow shorts. It would make sense that in Alaska the daily might say somethng different or people just use common sense and wear jeans, especailly if they are getting ready to go on a glacier helipcopter tour or something like that.

However that being said, I respected the rules and would change into my kahki capris to go to the dinning room, and then change into my denim capris after my meal.

I wonder if blue jean shorts are OK?

Archived